Sign in to follow this  

Read this top end?

One of my friends brought me his cr125 to help him rebuild it. It is a 2001 and once we got it torn apart, it simply didnt look right. Ive never had a head look like this. The piston looked just like it. Any ideas? Also does the head gasket look blown or is that just me?

What have your heads looked like in the past? That head looks really good, actually. There is minimal carbon buildup, doesn't seem too oily. If there were anything to complain about, it would be that it looks like it was run a smidge on the rich side, but only just. Nothing to worry about.

The uneven coloring is due to the hot exhaust gases spending more time on that side of the cylinder, leaving slight deposits, which is completely normal.

Put a new head gasket in, and clean, but don't scrape or use an abrasive on the head and cylinder mating surfaces.

One of my friends brought me his cr125 to help him rebuild it. It is a 2001 and once we got it torn apart, it simply didnt look right. Ive never had a head look like this. The piston looked just like it. Any ideas? Also does the head gasket look blown or is that just me?

Yes it looks like you have a little head gasket leak. If it was eating rad fluid that would be why, but otherwise that's a really good looking head. Looks like the bike was running well..