Sign in to follow this  

Compensating for riding over the front

Hey guys I just got my suspention back from factory connection in my 2012 yz450. I am very happy with it some times I feel when I hit a jump or even a bike bump the bike try's too send me over the bars. I have the clickers set too what factory connection recommended I will also add I am new too racing not riding and I ride pretty far over the front too keep weight on the front wheel. Any recomandation on some clicker changes or is this probly more about me learning proper riding skills and ill get used too it. I was possibly thinking maybe softening the rear a little if any thing since my weight is usally much more towards the front of the bike but I don't want mess any thing up cause I'm pretty satisfied with how it handles over all.

Edited by Mtrain730

Hey guys I just got my suspention back from factory connection in my 2012 yz450. I am very happy with it some times I feel when I hit a jump or even a bike bump the bike try's too send me over the bars. I have the clickers set too what factory connection recommended I will also add I am new too racing not riding and I ride pretty far over the front too keep weight on the front wheel. Any recomandation on some clicker changes or is this probly more about me learning proper riding skills and ill get used too it. I was possibly thinking maybe softening the rear a little if any thing since my weight is usally much more towards the front of the bike but I don't want mess any thing up cause I'm pretty satisfied with how it handles over all.

why dont you call them and tell/ask them

they might tell you to bring/send them back and fix it for nothing

• Like 1

sounds odd i would think u would have to be sitting on the bars for it to do this with there recommended settings or letting of the throttle on jump, best of to ring them

wouldn't he just need a little more rebound damping? a couple clicks in?

I would turn out your high speed dampening (soften it up) on the shock

Sounds like you just need to fine tune the clickers. What are the settings now? Did you set the sag? If the sag is set right, I'd slow the rear rebound by 2 clicks to start with. Work from there 1 click at a time until you get it right. Maybe turn the rear hsc out 1/4 turn to lower the rear a bit.

As with any suspension company, they can only get it in the ballpark. It's up to you to fine tune it properly. You have to spend some time testing different settings.

Are you sayin more rebound on the forks.

its hard for us to say as we dont know if the fronts to slow or the rear is to fast, if its as severe as you say i would think you would definitely notice it someone else around the track

just for piece of mind were you having this problem before revalve as this would indicated rider error as i mentioned before the reason i say this because a mate who was new to track/jumps ect always looked like the bike wanted to throw him over the bars on jumps, i knew the suspension on his bike was perfect because i was quicker on his bike then mine at the time and was very predictable, this happens because he held a speed up to the jump without knowing soon as ur bike hits the jump face you lose speed an easy way to explain it would be if you chop the throttle on a jump face you will go front end up high were as if your speed dies of on the jump face the rear comes up

But if you aware of all this lets move on and find the problem haha