Sign in to follow this  

New Mirrors for the DRZ...

well I installed these today (25$ for the set) and took them for a ride.. They offer some visibility but not as much as the stockers.  They don't vibrate which is good, and they have two points where they can pivot.  Im a pretty skinny guy so i was able to see around and behind me in each mirror.  Ill give them a proper review once i go for a full day ride.  The main reason for swapping was esthetics and when dumping the bike in rough terrain

unnamed_zps5c9a81be.jpg

unnamed-1_zps3e877119.jpg

• Like 2

Are they Legal in your area ?

you know, im not exactly sure about this.  It's required to have 2 mirrors in WA, but thats all I really know.  The bike is mainly used for trail riding with some street in between.. Ill check more into the legality as the last thing i wan't is the cops bothering me.

i put some on my bike in this position but i never got used to them. i was trying to transition into taking the regular ones off so i would stop hitting them on car mirrors when i would split lanes. oh well. cant split lanes now so i guess i'll wait to try again later...

you know, im not exactly sure about this.  It's required to have 2 mirrors in WA, but thats all I really know.  The bike is mainly used for trail riding with some street in between.. Ill check more into the legality as the last thing i wan't is the cops bothering me.

I highly doubt the PO-Leese will be happy with them , but I could be wrong ..as I've been wrong before .

• Like 1

I highly doubt the PO-Leese will be happy with them , but I could be wrong ..as I've been wrong before .

Yes, It depends on the cop on the day....some don't care and some like to pick on bike riders....Best to have it legal to save getting a ticket... :thumbsup:

Yes, It depends on the cop on the day....some don't care and some like to pick on bike riders....Best to have it legal to save getting a ticket... :thumbsup:

well I installed these today (25$ for the set) and took them for a ride.. They offer some visibility but not as much as the stockers.  They don't vibrate which is good, and they have two points where they can pivot.  Im a pretty skinny guy so i was able to see around and behind me in each mirror.  Ill give them a proper review once i go for a full day ride.  The main reason for swapping was esthetics and when dumping the bike in rough terrain

unnamed_zps5c9a81be.jpg

autozone sells a 3" blind spot mirror for $1.

burn/melt four holes in the back of it, then pass two zip ties through it, and tie it to the cross bar brackets. 

it's crash and vibration proof. i've broken 2 in about 3 years of off roading. 

• Like 2

well I installed these today (25$ for the set) and took them for a ride.. They offer some visibility but not as much as the stockers. They don't vibrate which is good, and they have two points where they can pivot. Im a pretty skinny guy so i was able to see around and behind me in each mirror. Ill give them a proper review once i go for a full day ride. The main reason for swapping was esthetics and when dumping the bike in rough terrain

unnamed_zps5c9a81be.jpg

just got mine in today although it may take a little convincing to get them on my fat bars.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398790413.714532.jpg

Tried tons of different mirrors and no mirrors at all, this is what I came back to. Acerbis universal folding mirror flipped upside down so it hangs underneath the bars. Perfect view behind when stopped at a red light, which is really all you need mirrors for.

jeeze all I would be able to see outa those is my side meat............

• Like 1