Sign in to follow this  

Vforce 3 reeds for yz250. Do these look right?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398129646.548980.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398129660.848580.jpg

These pics are of the vforce 3 installed into the carb boot. There is a good half inch of flat surface on the vforce that doesn't line up. Is this designed to fit like that or did I possibly receive then wrong reed cage? It seems like this would seriously impede airflow. Thanks ahead for any input.

No flip the block. I noticed that on my bike a couple weeks ago after taking off my air box and I took it apart to port the reed block to make it match. Anyways, long story short take the reed block out and flip it 180 in the frame and everything will match up. I hope I'm explaining that right. The center piece that has that edge sticking into the intake tract needs to be flipped inside of the piece that says vforce3

Wow that makes since. I'll take a look at it tonight and see if I can flip that reed block. It's always the simple things that get me.

Wow that makes since. I'll take a look at it tonight and see if I can flip that reed block. It's always the simple things that get me.

Yeah last time I replaced reeds I put it together opposite and didn't notice it until way later. You're right though, that would be a pretty significant restriction of flow.