Sign in to follow this  

Diagnostics

Want to know what you guys have as far as checking sensors, oil pressure, coolant pressure, fuel pressure, etc...

How much is this stuff gonna cost?

How often does someone really get both oil pumps apart for inspection?

I love the technology and I don't want to overlook anything.

Not really a need to test this stuff until until there is an issue. The things you are asking about don't really need to be checked. When one goes bad, you will know. Keep the strainers clean, if you suspect the injectors need cleaned you can clean them easy enough with a 9v battery. 

As for the sensors an ohmmeter will tell you enough to find the area of concern. Or you could always buy the diagnostics tool to check codes but I have no idea where to find one.

BDubb106 nailed it.

Dirt bike engines should never have a problem with oil pressure, fuel pressure or even coolant pressure as these engines just do not accumulate that many hours ~ it's not like a car.  "Yes" it is possible for anyone of these to develop a problem (along with it's sensors) but it's not likely and at that point it might be more cost effective to have a dealership check it out (if you can't solve it).

So if your buying new then don't sweat it, if your buying used be sure to look it over.  Electrical tape on the wire harness is a huge red flag, after that just look for normal wear items (tires, chain, suspension, etc.).