DRC Edge 2 tail light...

Anyone ever install one of these on a KTM?

They don't appear to make a bracket that fits the KTM's. They have a "universal" bracket, but I don't know that I want to go that route.

I order a Sicass EZ install fender (just the plastic), and I was hoping that I could make that work, but it's not tall enough. I haven't decided that I'm NOT going to use it yet, but if I do, it will require quite a bit of hacking, and it will also require building a new license plate holder.

CADman_KS

Anyone ever install one of these on a KTM?

They don't appear to make a bracket that fits the KTM's. They have a "universal" bracket, but I don't know that I want to go that route.

I order a Sicass EZ install fender (just the plastic), and I was hoping that I could make that work, but it's not tall enough. I haven't decided that I'm NOT going to use it yet, but if I do, it will require quite a bit of hacking, and it will also require building a new license plate holder.

CADman_KS

They are a nice looking light and I bought one for my WR400 and mounted it up,looked soild until I hit the whoops and it snapped in half just below the lense. They make a metal one but its for DRZ only.

They are a nice looking light and I bought one for my WR400 and mounted it up,looked soild until I hit the whoops and it snapped in half just below the lense. They make a metal one but its for DRZ only.

From the pictures, it appears that the "universal" mount is a plastic mount.

I really like the light, and I like the way that it looks on the bike. While I don't really want to cut up my stock fender, I may have to do that, and make a hybrid mount out of it, that has a metal license plate holder.

I'll see...

CADman_KS

• Like 1

Rockymountain has the SAR off road easy fit LED tailamp,mounts right up to the 500exc. My friend has it on his, looks good but the tailamp is real small.

I wish they had made the lense a little bigger in case I had to drive this thing home at night...

So far I have the stock one.

Edited by mojave1

I too would love to see what these might look on the exc. I have a 2008 450 that needs the broken tail light replaced. A good time to maybe upgrade to an LED.

I took a few photos of a new 500 tail while at a dealership this weekend........

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398144170.742997.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398144197.093093.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398144219.575294.jpg

But I think the fender is too different to allow for a simple install of this newer KTM light assembly onto the older exc's.

From the pictures, it appears that the "universal" mount is a plastic mount.

I really like the light, and I like the way that it looks on the bike. While I don't really want to cut up my stock fender, I may have to do that, and make a hybrid mount out of it, that has a metal license plate holder.

I'll see...

CADman_KS

The DRC 2 is the best looking lamp out there IMO .Send some pics if your able to get it to work.

I too would love to see what these might look on the exc. I have a 2008 450 that needs the broken tail light replaced. A good time to maybe upgrade to an LED.

I took a few photos of a new 500 tail while at a dealership this weekend........

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398144170.742997.jpg

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398144197.093093.jpg

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398144219.575294.jpg

But I think the fender is too different to allow for a simple install of this newer KTM light assembly onto the older exc's.

Might find a used one on CL. As far as mounting it, i think you would have to run bolts threw your fender to hold it in place.

Every Sicass fender I've ever bought starts cracking from vibration. I installed the xcw unit on my exc.

I'm not exactly happy with the Sicass fender anyway, and at this point, I don't think that I'm going to use it.

Do you know if the rear tail light is the same on the XC-W as the EXC? If it is, I may just try to hack up my EXC fender to work, since the Edge doesn't fit in there all that well anyway...

CADman_KS

Do you know if the rear tail light is the same on the XC-W as the EXC? ......

I just went online, and the XC-W rear taillight is different. It's really hard to tell from the images from online parts whether or not it will work any better than the EXC unit, but it's only $20. I think that I'll try one of those parts, and if it works, it looks like a better fit for the bike anyway...

CADman_KS

I just went online, and the XC-W rear taillight is different. It's really hard to tell from the images from online parts whether or not it will work any better than the EXC unit, but it's only $20. I think that I'll try one of those parts, and if it works, it looks like a better fit for the bike anyway...

CADman_KS

CADman_KS

You need the fender and tail light.

Other than, that's not what I'm trying to accomplish here.

I'm trying to get the DRC Edge 2 taillight installed. The reason that I want to install that light, is because it has brake / tail / turn all built into ONE light. Then you don't need rear turn signals that stick out, or can get knocked off. I know that everyone uses the Sicass "flush" mount, but quite frankly, those are NOT flush mount. If they were flush mount, they wouldn't stick up past the fender. Those are really "low profile".

I don't want rear turn signals that stick out, period.

That's what I'm after here...

Thanks for the info though, and I'm going to get an XC-W fender, since they don't cost an arm and a leg. I only wish that I had known about those from the beginning, because I wouldn't have a Sicass that I would need to unload now. I guess that I should have asked the question BEFORE I bought all of the parts. :banghead: 

Oh well...

CADman_KS

You need the fender and tail light.

Other than, that's not what I'm trying to accomplish here.

I'm trying to get the DRC Edge 2 taillight installed. The reason that I want to install that light, is because it has brake / tail / turn all built into ONE light. Then you don't need rear turn signals that stick out, or can get knocked off. I know that everyone uses the Sicass "flush" mount, but quite frankly, those are NOT flush mount. If they were flush mount, they wouldn't stick up past the fender. Those are really "low profile".

I don't want rear turn signals that stick out, period.

That's what I'm after here...

Thanks for the info though, and I'm going to get an XC-W fender, since they don't cost an arm and a leg. I only wish that I had known about those from the beginning, because I wouldn't have a Sicass that I would need to unload now. I guess that I should have asked the question BEFORE I bought all of the parts. :banghead: 

Oh well...

CADman_KS

CADman_KS

Does the XC-W taillight have just a running light, or does it also have a brake light for use on the street?  without that it could cause problems with the man.

CADman_KS

Does the XC-W taillight have just a running light, or does it also have a brake light for use on the street?  without that it could cause problems with the man.