Sign in to follow this  

KYB SSS fork conversion on 13'crf450r

Hey guys, 

I've got a 13' crf450r with PSF KYB's, Ive had them re-valved for tight single woods style etc, and love the performance, but Ive had enough of them leaking air, due to sand/grit caught in seal, and loosing air on trails.

I'm concerned about an inevitable DNF during XC's, already had an almost DNS, picked up right before a sighting lap, and managed to limp it through the day.

Anyway, I'm going to try and sell/swap these for KYB's off 09-12 crf's, but i believe the SSS KYB also fit.

What needs to be done make them SSS fit?

Is it the same Caliper, and just need to change the mount/bracket etc?

Or do  need to fit a Yzf caliper and mount?

I assume the axle and spacers would need to changed too? 

The '09-'12 CRF forks are SSS KYB's just like the YZF. I'm not experienced with the conversion, but I'd guess that everything may bolt right up and be easier than using the YZF forks. Someone else may be able to confirm the clamp diameters, caliper hanger, etc...

I think the crf size kyb is different to the yzf size but someone needs to confirm

The 2010-2014 YZ450 and 2009-2014 CR450 tubes are the same diameter

The '09-'12 CRF forks are SSS KYB's just like the YZF. I'm not experienced with the conversion, but I'd guess that everything may bolt right up and be easier than using the YZF forks. Someone else may be able to confirm the clamp diameters, caliper hanger, etc...

They sure don't feel the same.

• Like 1