Sign in to follow this  

90's frame differences for skid plates?

Hey guys and gals! I need a skid plate! I could make one pretty easily, but it'd look better and be easier to just buy one (I would most likely half-ass it, in other words).

But here's my dilemma: My frame is a 1993 yz250. I can't seem to find any skid plates made to fit that frame. But I can find them made for 1997 frames! The 1997 engine mounted up with seemingly no modifications, so would a skid plate made for a 1997 frame work on the 93 without major problems?

I just replaced a damaged case half, and would like to avoid having to do that again in the near future haha.

Thanks for reading :)

Edited by Thinlineggman

Hey guys and gals! I need a skid plate! I could make one pretty easily, but it'd look better and be easier to just buy one (I would most likely half-ass it, in other words).

But here's my dilemma: My frame is a 1993 yz250. I can't seem to find any skid plates made to fit that frame. But I can find them made for 1997 frames! The 1997 engine mounted up with seemingly no modifications, so would a skid plate made for a 1997 frame work on the 93 without major problems?

I just replaced a damaged case half, and would like to avoid having to do that again in the near future haha.

Thanks for reading :)

A 97 should work.

But I would buy the one made for your bike. I use the Moose Racing skid plate on my 94 and think it's a great value at ~$80

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moose-Racing-Aluminum-Skid-Plate-/141140658337?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1993%7CModel%3AYZ250&hash=item20dca388a1&vxp=mtr

Sweet! Thanks for the link. I can't find any mention of years that the plate will fit on in the ad, but if you're using it on a 94, then it'll definitely work on my bike.

Sweet! Thanks for the link. I can't find any mention of years that the plate will fit on in the ad, but if you're using it on a 94, then it'll definitely work on my bike.

That's the one.

Here is another ad for the same skid plate specifying the years:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moose-Aluminum-Skid-Plate-Yamaha-WR250-94-97-YZ250-93-95-/291089253761?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1993%7CModel%3AYZ250&hash=item43c6458581&vxp=mtr

Thank you much! I saw that ad when I searched to buy the first plate you linked and picked the cheaper one :D