Sign in to follow this  

Head gasket only?

If head gasket goes will antifreeze get into both tranny and engine oil both? Is that what would happen? Im sure it was in engines side. Just wasn't obvious when I drained the tranny side,but I believe it seamed like it to me. The oil only had like 30 minutes running time in it. White smoke, smelling sweet from the pipe. Please help. Thanks

Fyi. 2005 crf450. Just installed s.s. valves. Runs great. All is well that way. But last small(like within 10min) ride lots of white smoke. No coolant in rads. Drained oil & removed filter when got home.

Fyi. 2005 crf450. Just installed s.s. valves. Runs great. All is well that way. But last small(like within 10min) ride lots of white smoke. No coolant in rads. Drained oil & removed filter when got home.

Yupp.. Either your head is warped or the head and cylinder wasn't prepped and torqued correctly. Time to tear it back apart. Def the head gasket Edited by Diggla117

Just one side because they are separate from each other.

Unless it blew the right crank seal too (which isnt impossible, but it'd be the first time I'd heard of those issues simultaneously)

Yupp.. Either your head is warped or the head and cylinder wasn't prepped and torqued correctly. Time to tear it back apart. Def the head gasket

How do you check for warped head?