Sign in to follow this  

2005 DRz 400 s Overhaul and Build

I bought a 2005 DRz 400s in January, with 3700 miles on it.  My son and I sold our two dirt bikes to finance this one street legal bike.  I finally got it delivered from Minnesota in March, and proceeded to tear it down to the engine and frame, and started putting it back together from there.  I wanted it set up for long distance adventure day rides.

Once I got it down to the frame, I degreased it, as it looked like it had not ever been washed.  That took hours. I greased the steering head and swingarm and linkage bearings.  The forks and shock were gone through, revalved, and re-sprung.  New Michelin T63 tires mounted, new wheel bearing seals, new high bars installed, new grips, Zeta levers, barkbusters, cables, plastics, graphics, carb re-jet, 3X3 mod, Unabiker rad guards, and Edge tail light and led turn signals installed.

I did all the loctite fixes on the engine, put dielectric grease in all electrical connectors, changed the brake fluid, adjusted the valves, and basically did every maintenance fix and upgrade I could think of or find on TT.

I got a Clarke 3.9 gallon tank and Seat Concepts seat to top it off.

I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  I hope to actually ride it soon, but more importantly, my son will ride it with me while I ride my Super Tenere, and we can now go together into the mountains around Albuquerque, as well as take a trip this summer to Colorado to ride the Alpine Loop area near Silverton and Ouray.

What do you think?

Hopefully the pics will attach and look OK..............

20140420_121942.jpeg

20140420_095231.jpeg

• Like 1

I like the green accents on your plastics graphics.

Thanks.  I poached them off another bike here from the "Show us your DRZ" picture thread.  They are from 909 Designs.