Sign in to follow this  

Cant find anything online... so please help

Im working on an 01 yz 125 I just picked up needing work. It had a bad rod bearing so i replaced the whole crank.for a center gasket I Couldnt find any gasket maker in any of my local stores that didnt say not recommended for gas. So I tried one and ended up leaking after a short while. So what do you guys use for a center gasket for your cases ? Whats oem use ? Possibly get some from my local yamaha dealer ? Its about 40 mins away so I didnt go there yet. Help me out please.

There's a specific sealant for it, and i like hondabond, i used it for other things because my bike had a gasket. Tried using hondabond 4 to seal a case leak, didn't work, don't buy that one lol

By center gasket I'm assuming the seal between the case halves correct?

Checking my 250 manual it lists Yamabond No.1215 (Three-Bond No.1215) 90890-85505

Edited by MXRider72

Your dealer should have Yamabond 4 semi drying liquid gasket. It's basically Threebond 1215.

Always worked well for me and I like to have it on hand as it has other uses than just cases. Probably used it more on my truck than my bike. :smirk:

Yes its for my center case halves and ill check online or call my dealer for either the yamaha or the honda stuff. Any idea roughly what itll cost ? And is that the only sealer or gasket maker you guys are using ? Or is there anything else ? Other then yami's or hondas stuff

Liquid gasket tri bond or three bond 1184 same thing as yamabond Honda bond. I just used it but for some reasion i always get the name wrong all over the net and many shops carry it.

Permatex Motoseal is similar stuff. I've used that forever and never had a problem. I've found it at Carquest and O'reilly. Need to ask for it. Most of the time its behind the counter and not displayed.

Edited by Gottadog

I tried permatex ultra blue didnt work and an orange kind also from permatex.

Oh Jesus. I'm surprised it lasted even "a short while."

WHEN you get the Yamabond just split the case and clean that crap off. Then spread a thin layer on both sides and reassemble. You don't need a bead, just spread it with your finger. 

Ok I just went to a small mx place and bought ultimate grey said on there resistant to gas and oil. He sais he uses this if anyone wants to know the brand of it let me know and ill look and tell you

I just used black RTV. The $5 bottle at harbor freight. No leaks yet, and it was about a month and 5 lawn ripping sessions ago.

So this is what my closest dealer had its from permatex but clearly states its for engines and can take the gas and oil . Ill try it and let you know if it holds up thanx for all your help by the way

1398255445649.jpg