14 kx450f ride review

Coming off a 250f after not riding for a year I decided to buy a 450 finally got 3 decent days riding on it . I must say so far this is a superb machine. I don't know why people were saying it doesn't handle corners well, I felt more confident in corners on this bike then I did on my 250f. The power is strong but it's subtle if that makes sense, it's not the type of power that rips your arms out, it just pulls super smooth. Coming off lips of jumps no unexpected rear end kicks or front end rising. In rough or choppy stuff the front end soaks it right up, I have noticed though if you forget to set the air in the forks before you ride it won't be so smooth and you will notice right away. I also felt the harder you drive into the corners the smoother it wants to come out if I got lazy in the corners and took them slow that's the only time it didn't want to turn. I can't compare it to any other new 450s though because I haven't rode any of the other new bikes. But I would say if your thinking about this bike go for it put in a solid 3-4 days of riding in on it and you will be happy.

Good review. I haven't owned a 450 in a few years but I rode my friend's 14 kx450 yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by how well I liked it. I expected it to feel really heavy and not corner so well, but not so, it is very easy to ride. Easily the best 450 I've ridden. It really seems to suit my riding style, I guess. The motor is amazing. Like you said, you don't really fight it but at the same time it is a ripper. I loved the bike and will be considering one when the time comes for a new bike.