Sign in to follow this  

crf110 gears

hi i am trying to find out why when changing gears the gear keep going down and don't stop it goes down to neutral and then down again and again back round to neutral again it just don't stop,i have taken it to bits but can't see anything wrong can anyone help please,

thanks

hi i am trying to find out why when changing gears the gear keep going down and don't stop it goes down to neutral and then down again and again back round to neutral again it just don't stop,i have taken it to bits but can't see anything wrong can anyone help please,

thanks

thanks

Does it make a gear change when you push it down past neutral?  There is a little play in the shifter once you get in to neutral.  You can push it down as many times as you want, but it isn;t doing anything.  Basically, there is no dead stop while in neutral and pushing it down.  it will go a little bit, but nothing will happen.  when you lift it up, it will pick up th eshift pattern again.

Now, if it is looping around, meaning push it down and it finds top gear and keep pushing and it goes down to neutral, then thats an issue.  But that issue doesn;t make sense to be happening.

thanks mate when pushing down on the leaver it just keeps changing gear, The gear selector drum just keeps turning, Its not been started like this so i don't know what it will be like running like this.

Thanks pal

thanks mate when pushing down on the leaver it just keeps changing gear, The gear selector drum just keeps turning, Its not been started like this so i don't know what it will be like running like this.

Thanks pal

Thanks pal

That is very odd.  Try starting it and see if it still does that.  In order to go all the way around, the shift drum would have to have continuous grooves cut all the way around it.  Stick it in neutral, start it, and see if that is the same situation.

ok i will but got to put it back together first i will let you know when its up and running thanks for your help mate

ok i will but got to put it back together first i will let you know when its up and running thanks for your help mate

ok, I ripped  the the gear selector drum to bits and it don't have a stop point on the drum so it supposed be like that, And it seems the lad who's bike it is has put a semi automatic gearbox in it and has brought me other 2 other engines to get one good one out of them all, Now the cases look the same so i have put the semi auto back in and like before the gears go round and round theres nothing to stop them doing this so now I'm stumped.lol

Thanks pal hope you can still help.

ok, I ripped  the the gear selector drum to bits and it don't have a stop point on the drum so it supposed be like that, And it seems the lad who's bike it is has put a semi automatic gearbox in it and has brought me other 2 other engines to get one good one out of them all, Now the cases look the same so i have put the semi auto back in and like before the gears go round and round theres nothing to stop them doing this so now I'm stumped.lol

Thanks pal hope you can still help.

I am stumped also.  The CRF110 is already an auto clutch/gearbox.  Sounds like someone messed with this engine before and did something to it that seems really odd.  As I said before, the shift drum should continually roll around as it is cycled through.  I have actually never even heard of that before.  Are you sure this is even a Honda CRF110 or some type of Chinese clone.  Can you post up some pics of what you have?

ok just found out its a demon x 107cc the gearbox was fecked so he put this one in,Now iv got gearboxes and engines bits everywhere.

thanks