Sign in to follow this  

Is the 1997 Keihen Carb better than my Mikuni TMX on my 2002 CR250? If so are they interchangable?

I know this this is probably a common question but found a cheap one in the area and was wondering if the stock Keihen Carb off a 97 CR250 will fit my stock fittings on my 2002 CR250 and if so is this a good swap? 

Its not really a good swap because that carb doesn't like to hold its settings thru different temps and altitude changes. You want a 00' cr250r carb (Keihin PWK Airstriker). Those hold their tune and are more reliable. I got the 00' airstriker on my 97' and I'm never going back. I'm actually trying to sell my old carb :p

• Like 1

It may fit,  but those yrs CR250, if I remember right, used a PJ carb, not a PWK carb.

A PJ carb is an OK carb, and some would even call it garbage,  but it doesn't have the performance features that a PWK carb has, like quad vents & air striker vanes

• Like 1

It may fit,  but those yrs CR250, if I remember right, used a PJ carb, not a PWK carb.

A PJ carb is an OK carb, and some would even call it garbage,  but it doesn't have the performance features that a PWK carb has, like quad vents & air striker vanes

It does have quad vents. It should fit but even a regular pwk would be better. The pwks are more stable thru different temps and altitudes

• Like 1

Sounds good folks!  I think i'll stick with my original route and save up for the Lectron 38mm short slide carb :)