Sign in to follow this  

01 426 set up

I been riding enduro on my 426 for some time now. I'm an intermediate rider at 155lbs. No MX, only trails and desert. I'm relatively new to the suspension world. The current suspension is stock.

My question is, is anybody or has anybody ran one of these old YZs on the trails with comfort and pleasure? I don't feel like I'm getting the full potential out of both myself and the bike with the current set up.

I had the front forks serviced last season (which made a noticeable difference) it has the stock springs. I feel like he front is OK with my style of riding and the front springs. I'm still playing with clicker settings.

As for the rear, it is currently bone stock. Don't think it's ever been serviced. Clickers are set slightly softer than stock and all of the swingarm and pivot points have been serviced with new bearings recently.

Thinking I should have the rear rebuilt with a lighter spring and fully serviced? Not sure about the front. Perhaps keep it as is. Nor sure if the money on a valve kit is going to be worth what I get out of it. I don't want to spend 500 dollars on a 13 year old bike.

Thanks

You need lighter springs and you can pick them up secondhand from eBay etc

You need lighter springs and you can pick them up secondhand from eBay etc

Mog-

RT's calculator shows me almost right on the money with the front springs (.46 stock). I do ageee that they are on the stiff side. If I was to look for a lighter set how light would you recommend I try?

Also-The rear stock is a 5.4 and the calculator recommends a 5.0

My chart doesn't go back that far , try moto pro and also factory connection see if they have recommendations , the 0.46 sound ok but a 5.0 sounds too light I run that on my 250f and weigh 145 , a 5.4 sounds close , have you got sag numbers front and rear ?

Edited by mog

Ok I'll check out their websites. I don't have the sag numbers handy at the moment but I did set up the rear not long ago. I don't recall ever adjusting anything on the front.