Sign in to follow this  

2010 crf450 need some feedback

Hey guys i found a 2010 450 that is basically brand new. The guy got in a bad car accident after buying it and never even took it in the dirt. Says it has maybe an hour of playing around out front his house. It looks showroom new.

Im a 200 lb b class mx rider. I am mostly concerned with how the motor is on a track as far as smoothness. I had an 03 yz450 and that bike tired me out in 2 laps. Is the crf forgiving to ride? Maybe a flywheel weight to help with stalling and make it easier yet to ride.

How is the durability and reliability? I am very good with keeping fresh oil in my bikes and clean filters and stay off the rev limiter. Will this bike serve me well? No electrical grenlins? No fuel injection related mess?

Any other tips is much appreciated. Also price hes asking 4k for it. Im gonna try to get it a bit cheaper but its honestly super clean. Showroom worthy basically. Is that a decent price?

Hey guys i found a 2010 450 that is basically brand new. The guy got in a bad car accident after buying it and never even took it in the dirt. Says it has maybe an hour of playing around out front his house. It looks showroom new.

Im a 200 lb b class mx rider. I am mostly concerned with how the motor is on a track as far as smoothness. I had an 03 yz450 and that bike tired me out in 2 laps. Is the crf forgiving to ride? Maybe a flywheel weight to help with stalling and make it easier yet to ride.

How is the durability and reliability? I am very good with keeping fresh oil in my bikes and clean filters and stay off the rev limiter. Will this bike serve me well? No electrical grenlins? No fuel injection related mess?

Any other tips is much appreciated. Also price hes asking 4k for it. Im gonna try to get it a bit cheaper but its honestly super clean. Showroom worthy basically. Is that a decent price?

Yeah dude. You better pick it up before somebody else does. If you change filters and oil regular then this bike will last you forever. 10-12's best years yet in my opinion

Ive been reading about clutch problems it being weak and wearing quickly , trans problems needing a detent spring or something, remapping basically being a necessity and suspension being very unbalanced. Sounds a bit outrageous to me.

Ive been reading about clutch problems it being weak and wearing quickly , trans problems needing a detent spring or something, remapping basically being a necessity and suspension being very unbalanced. Sounds a bit outrageous to me.

You know I could go on responding to that for days.

so you can find a better bike cheaper? Goodluck!

Edited by Diggla117

The clutch is the only issue that truly worried me. A full hinson set up is serious money. Whats the deal there? Is it really that bad.

The clutch is the only issue that truly worried me. A full hinson set up is serious money. Whats the deal there? Is it really that bad.

The clutch really is the only weak spot on the newer models. Some people like Henson and staying with the complete manual system and the rest of us that have faced the fact that were not going pro(and even pros) recommend the rekluse. Either the exp 3.0 plate which I hear is good or the more expensive core 3.0 or z-start pro auto clutch. There's other options out there but those are the best. Just my opinion

I have a 2010 and time 98% trails. I recently put in a 17oz flywheel and 51 sprocket (posted here) clutch has not been an issue for me. The power delivery with the new flywheel is amazingly smooth and stalling it is now very hard, I was looking at selling it until these upgrades now I will never sell her.

I have a 2010 and time 98% trails. I recently put in a 17oz flywheel and 51 sprocket (posted here) clutch has not been an issue for me. The power delivery with the new flywheel is amazingly smooth and stalling it is now very hard, I was looking at selling it until these upgrades now I will never sell her.

Have a 10 model & it's been a solid bike for me the past 2 years.  The only 2 things the bike needs IMO is suspension & a remap if it hasn't already been done.   Four thous. asking price is a very good deal if it's in the shape you described.         

HD springs & a good after market clutch perch/lever ,if you must .I rode my buddies I thought it was fine.Sometimes we trip on stuff that doesn't matter, every bike I've ever owned I have modded suspension ,motor etc . The Honda fit & feel suits me best, so that's what I buy and fix the stuff on them I don't like.All the new bikes need a remap except maybe the rm &ktm stock .The 10s a good bike, suspension set up is #1 one on any bike, stock they all are off some worse than others. 

Hey guys wanted to update i decided against the 450 and picked up an 04 cr250r.

It was from the original owner with very low hours. Feels almost like a new bike.

Thanks for the help on the crf, id almost surely be faster on the 450, but ive got a soft spot for 2 strokes still.

00l0l_66s4XuLMGz7_600x450.jpg

Edited by yz133rider

the honda 09-12 are called stinkbugs by the mags. due to the way they sit up in the rear end. i posted a few questions about a 10 i bought last week and was told to get a merge knuckle. and get the suspension redone..when i bought the bike i was glad to see it had a factory connection link and factory connection suspension sticker on the fork tube and rear shock. finally rode it yesterday and it rides great, now i need a piston,remap,cam and MRD exhaust.payday is friday and i will be ordering all 3 and sending the ECU out