Sign in to follow this  

Ramp fails!

What are your guys experiences with any loading ramps fails? Lets hear some stories of what you have experienced!!!

Not a fall, but one time we had too many bikes for one truck, so we put the klx110 back across the tool box and ratcheded it standing up sideways on the box. We got some cool looks lol

Badass....

much easier than ya think....but I've doing it since I was a kid. My dad did it...my friends did it.  Now folks think it's something special

haha yeah that is a lot of bikes loaded in one truck. WOW that trials bike backflip loading was amazing!! I have fit 3 bikes into my little Ford Ranger one time. That was fun. You guys have any stories or pictures showing loading fails or anything? Lets hear your best!!!

here's one....I used to have a 5 gallon jerry can for gas.  I once left it open, sitting on the back bumper of my truck and drove over 100 miles, up over the pass and back home from the desert.....can was still there....go figure.

I had something similar to that as well. We have a smaller like 2 gallon red plastic gas can on our trailer fall but was being dragged for probably a good 150 miles. Needless to say it only scratched the crap out of the can and leaked minimal fuel out haha

• Like 1

I refuse to ride up those aluminum folding ramps with the parabolic arch.  Those things tend to come unseated from the bed of the truck and 'push' fwd....which in turn slams ya into the tailgate. In one of my failures the ramp flipped up and hit my in the forehead....leaving an "L" shaped gash.  A few stitches later and good to go, but learned.  I'd rather ride up a 2x4 than one of those little fold-able deals.

I had something similar to that as well. We have a smaller like 2 gallon red plastic gas can on our trailer fall but was being dragged for probably a good 150 miles. Needless to say it only scratched the crap out of the can and leaked minimal fuel out haha

so, I was checking your site, and your product.  It says you've met your funding goal, when might we see this product for sale?

My very first ride on my new 2006 YZ450F LE, my first 450 and first dirtbike in over ten years.  I unloaded from my pick-up and was going to load into a friends ex-Uhaul van, the one with  "Mommy's Attic".  He no longer had the original ramp that came with the van but instead had a REALLY short and narrow metal ramp.

As I was going to push my bike in, he told me that I should ride it in.  We went back and forth on it for a minute or two, but ultimately I decided that I didn't want to look like a moto-wimp, so I fired up my stone cold YZ and headed for the ramp.  As I lined up for that ramp, I had to duck a low branch and then gas it.  The bike shot up the ramp, fearing launching into the van, I chopped the throttle.......and the bike stalled, with my feet about three feet from earth.  I fell and rolled out of it, the bike fell and broke the clutch lever and perch.

So my first ever ride, I had to go to the dealership, where I knew everybody there, and ask for donor parts off of a showroom bike so that I could ride that day.  Embarrassing?, why yes, it was.

Dave

so, I was checking your site, and your product.  It says you've met your funding goal, when might we see this product for sale?

Well the Shark Kage is offically for sale now on our website. Please check us out! 

My very first ride on my new 2006 YZ450F LE, my first 450 and first dirtbike in over ten years.  I unloaded from my pick-up and was going to load into a friends ex-Uhaul van, the one with  "Mommy's Attic".  He no longer had the original ramp that came with the van but instead had a REALLY short and narrow metal ramp.

As I was going to push my bike in, he told me that I should ride it in.  We went back and forth on it for a minute or two, but ultimately I decided that I didn't want to look like a moto-wimp, so I fired up my stone cold YZ and headed for the ramp.  As I lined up for that ramp, I had to duck a low branch and then gas it.  The bike shot up the ramp, fearing launching into the van, I chopped the throttle.......and the bike stalled, with my feet about three feet from earth.  I fell and rolled out of it, the bike fell and broke the clutch lever and perch.

So my first ever ride, I had to go to the dealership, where I knew everybody there, and ask for donor parts off of a showroom bike so that I could ride that day.  Embarrassing?, why yes, it was.

Dave

Yeah that does happen every now and then. Ramp fails are no joke! At least you didn't get seriously hurt!

• Like 1

I think you're going to struggle without a price on your website.  Call to order wreaks of hard sell.  Ya gotta cool product, price it reasonably, and motorheads like me will buy them, use them, and advertise them for ya.

• Like 1

I think you're going to struggle without a price on your website.  Call to order wreaks of hard sell.  Ya gotta cool product, price it reasonably, and motorheads like me will buy them, use them, and advertise them for ya.

We do have a price listed if you click the buy now button on the home page. Here is a link to the page that has the price listed https://sharkkage.com/product/shark-kage-sport-ramp/

• Like 1