Sign in to follow this  

150/200/250/300 Comparison

Hi!

Ive been riding 125 2t and 2504t, wanting a new 2 stroke but not a 125. Ride mostly mx but also som trail, not a racer, likes a bike i can both lug and be on the pipe.

How does the 150, 200, 250 and 300 two strokes compare?

Is the 200 like a slow 250 or a really strong 125?

How much difference betweek 150 and a 125?

Is the 300 much more rideable than the 250?

Put your height and weight down and by what you have been riding and where you have been riding I would lean towards the KTM 250 two stroke. If you were just riding trail I would check out the 200 'cause it is wonderful on trails(especially singletrack) but 250 2 stk much better for MX and trail.My 2 cents.

Hi!

Ive been riding 125 2t and 2504t, wanting a new 2 stroke but not a 125. Ride mostly mx but also som trail, not a racer, likes a bike i can both lug and be on the pipe.

How does the 150, 200, 250 and 300 two strokes compare?

Is the 200 like a slow 250 or a really strong 125?

How much difference betweek 150 and a 125?

Is the 300 much more rideable than the 250?

The 200 motor is like a mini 300 motor. Lots of torque, mid and rev but not as much as a 300....The chassis on the 200 is the same as the 125/150. It just feels smaller...

The 150 is much more like a 125 but with more power everywhere...

The 300 is a easy to ride as the 250, just has more torque where as the 250 revs a bit higher.

If you like to rev, buy the 250! If you like to lug, buy the 300. But they don't make a 300sx so you are either going to have to buy the XC version or add a 300sx kit to a 250sx. Because you say you do mainly motocross, I would swing for the 250sx. You don't need lights, electric start and the 6spd.

You aren't super heavy, but IMO you're too heavy for the 150/200. You will suffer in some areas as the bikes will not have enough power in certain situations (such as short run in hillclimbs or long steep hillclimbs, short run ups into bigger jumps).

Ahh, just buy a YZ 250.....

Edited by Monk

Thanks, great answer!

I currently have a '10 Yz250f for pure mx and plan on keeping that bike, but I would like a 2-stroke enduro bike for weekend trips in the woods butit has to be able to do some mx too. 

So i want lights on the bike. (should have made that clear in OP)

I'll see if i can try a 300, sounds like a great motor!

im sure the 200 is around 10hp less than 300 and probly quit a bit less torq also. 300 will rev plenty high depending what configuration of parts you have

Real men ride 150s and 250s, they also avoid mx tracks like the plague, use bark busters not as protection, but a trail clearing tool. Buy gear expecting to destroy it 15 mins into a 4 hour ride. Use duct tape and never monster stickers. Squeeze their shorts to ward off dehydration, make room for smokes in their tool pouches, don't stop for blood unless it's gumming up the rolloffs and never ever buy 300s.

• Like 1