Sign in to follow this  

Beta 4 stroke carb question

Does anybody know if the 2010 up four strokes are using the Keihin FCR MX gen 2 or gen 3 carbs? Gen 2 has a removable intake bell. gen 3 does not.

I've got a 2010RR and when I asked American Beta how to tell which carb I had, they said this:

"if the bellmouth of the carb is cast as one peice of the upper part of the carb then its the BETA OEM carb, but if there is a seam and the bellmouth section bolts to the carb body half then its a regular Kehin carb"

Mine happens to be a Beta OEM. By your description, mine sounds like gen 3.

As an FYI, they also said this, because I was asking about the needle valve seat:

"The seats on the proprietary Beta carbs are part of the carb body and NOT replaceable.  A few Beta's came thru with off-the-shelf Keihin FCR that has a replaceable seat, but Beta doesn't sell the seat" 

Edited by JustRon

Thanks Ron. I also looked at the service manual despite there being no carb section that I could see. Fortunately the index page has a picture of the engine with the carb mounted  It's def a gen 3  alright which is good news because I have a 41 with tps sitting on my bench  ready for testing.

Edited by widebear
  • Like 1