Sign in to follow this  

How to fix broken banjo fitting? (Brakes)

So I took a bad spill Sunday on my trx250r.. guess that's what I get for skipping church to go riding lol.. smashed my tail bone bad.. anyways when I went over the handle bars I ripped my brake line off.. I've got extended swing arms and have braided steel lines to reach.. I broke it at the banjo fitting, theres plenty of slack, is there a way for me to put another banjo fitting on, or do I have to drop the $50 for A full braided brake line?

1398200304109.jpg

Try to see if the fitting removes from the brake line, if so a replacement can most likely be ordered from a parts store and installed. I highly doubt it's crimped, maybe just thread on?(doubt it, but it's worth a try).

Try to find videos on YouTube of it, I'm sure even watching someone do it on a car line would be helpful.

Try to see if the fitting removes from the brake line, if so a replacement can most likely be ordered from a parts store and installed. I highly doubt it's crimped, maybe just thread on?(doubt it, but it's worth a try).

Try to find videos on YouTube of it, I'm sure even watching someone do it on a car line would be helpful.

I thought most car's lines were metal, maybe it's just ford then...

I thought most car's lines were metal, maybe it's just ford then...

The lines themselves are metal, but calipers are connected with rubber hose and eyelets. I do admit I could have been a little more specific. 

You can check motorcycle systems as well. 

I can't get the fitting off, but I have enough slack I could just cut it off.. ill look up some videos and see what I can learn, been pretty busy these past few weeks