Sign in to follow this  

2012 ktm 125 sx project

So I bought this 2012 125 new raced it for a year sold it to a friend and just got it back in a trade for one of my quads. In my year with this bike I kept her mint washed and changed oil after every ride, and changed filters after every 3-4 rides. My friend on the other hand did some damage, bike was rarely cleaned, oil was changed maybe 4 times and had one filter change. The last time he rode the bike he had crashed it over a sketchy jump at his house and had broken the bike even more. I told him I'd take the bike in trade for my raptor and he agreed so now I have to get her back to her former glory. I got the bike with a bent subframe, blown fork seals , missing brake caliper bleed cap, bent rear rotor, front brakes not working, bike wouldn't start, rusted chain, bent fmf head pipe, front fender falling off, and bolts missing all around. I knew she'd be a fixer upper but to me it was worth it to get my smoker back from the dead. Fist thing I did was get the caliper bleeder cap, gold RENTHAL chain, bleed the brakes, threw on a new spark plug, and I managed to find every bolt I was missing in my toolbox :) . Bike started in about 5-6 kicks..after that I tore her down to the frame to see what else was wrong.. The subframe turned out to be unbent..but cracked instead :( if anyone has a subframe they would want to sell text me at 8457722080 .....luckily I found a full set of 2012 125 plastics off a bike with 8 hrs for 120 on eBay I also ordered orange frame guards for it, and a rear brake rotor on eBay as well... I ripped out the motor to rebuild the top end on it, and then I'm going to bring it down to my local shop to get the motor ported. Ill keep posting on progress..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Any reason not to bump it up to a 200? Or even a 150?

I race 125 class but I was thinking of making it a 200 at a point.