Sign in to follow this  

Racing the 'L' Come on prove it can be done.....

There will be racing at the Abbott MX Park (Lincoln,NE) this weekend Apr 27th. Nebraska MX series.  So for all those that doubt the 'L' can be raced let's prove them wrong.  Looking at my last true race on the 'L', will be on the new vintage/beginner track now under construction.  If you are close and got your 'L' come on in and try racing in the 'beginners' class, it will be worth it and fun.  For safety all you need to do is pull mirrors, cable tie up kickstand, and tape or  remove lights (modular light package half hour max to remove)

Will be doing a go-pro this Thursday of the new vintage/beginners track before public access to track on Saturday, will post it up asap.

Abbott MX Park   Lincoln, NE   I-80 X405 turn south on 56th (Hwy 77 is North), 1st left (Freightliner Dealer on Left Corner) Arbor RD.  Follow to end track is at the 'dead end'.

• Like 8

haha I am not near Nebraska but I definitely think this bike would be more than capable! I've been racing motocross for like 5 years and while it's much more squishy than my race bike suspension wise and obviously slower, I was more than impressed with how it pulled. I wouldn't hesitate to race it, but I am trying to keep it clean... then again, it was SO much fun in the dirt... maybe I'll buy 2!

ETA maybe this is from my 2 stroke but I use the clutch when I get on it. I need to learn how to ride a 4 stroke.. pretty sure I'd roast the clutch in no time with that, but obviously the buck 44 loves the clutch...

Edited by 657pinkKTM
  • Like 4

To me the 'L' reminds me of the days of the 70's. Take you endure to the track, pull off lights and plate, race, put it back together, ride home and to work on Monday. I am used to the no suspension era, so no issues running the 'L'. FMF pipe and exhaust, EJK fuel controller and it woke right up. I ride both 2 and 4 stroke machines, my YZ490 out pulls and is way faster than a modern 450, just can't turn it.

I'll probably race mine, but maybe not in fashion you are thinking. My buddy is manager of a small local track. While I bought it for forest roads, I'll ride it supermoto style on the track too. Another local track does a dirt/ asphalt course that should be fun.

• Like 1