Sign in to follow this  

torn between new yz450f or crf450r

I am going to be selling my 2010 ktm 250 sx in the next week or so to buy a new 450 and i am torn between the yamaha hand honda. For starters, if i go yamaha i will have to wait until july or august to get a 2015 as all the 2014s are sold out around here. Both honda dealerships around me have 1 each and they have 500 dollar rebate. I was set on yamaha but now that i cant get one for a while i am really considering getting something else (tho i wont buy something i dont want just to have it sooner)

I am going to be having this bike for a while (at least 3-4 years i would say maybe longer) so i definatly want something that is going to be reliable. I ride mostly in pits, trails, open trails/ logging roads and occasionally at the track.  My buddy has a 2014 yamaha and i really like driving it but i havent tested a new honda yet (no one i know has one) but sitting on the honda at the dealer feels really good as it is narrower than the yamaha.

for those who have ridden both which one do you like more or why did you choose to buy one over the other? 

Also another concern i have is my buddy who owns the new yammy said hondas always sound like a bag of nuts and bolts (he used to have a honda 450x and so did i, i just dont remember the sounds) and the other day i seen a guy on a 2013 450r and it did sound kind of rattly when he reved it up whereas the yamaha sounds really crisp and clean. do anyone else notice this?

And one last note, the yamaha dealer around me is a better dealer to deal with (just friendlier and more helpful for the most part) but i would e doing all the work on it myself unless it was something major major, so its not a huge deal.

thanks and add pics of yours if you have any!

The crf is a more balanced bike IMO because the dual exhausts ales the bike more balanced than just one muffler. Today all the bikes are putting out the same numbers so crf gets it for me

Thanks for the help man. But I put a deposit on a 2014 yamaha yesterday! They found one the next province over from me, so pumped. Going to have it next weekend