Sign in to follow this  

Different 4-stroke Engine Guard

Even though it's across the pond, looks interesting, yes?

Anyone using this one yet??

Since TM Designs is a long way off, according to them, as I was told they're too busy building guards for KTM's, the Beta bikes will take a backseat in Prototyping new products for our bikes. 

I saw this as a viable option

Thanks!

testata_dettagli.jpg

I prezzi indicati sono iva esclusa. 
(Al momento dell'inserimento nel carrello l'iva verrà aggiunta in automatico.)

Engine guards black plastic 4S 195713_beta_1_1581.jpg  

richiediENG.jpg (Per richiesta prezzo, disponibilità o condizioni di vendita) 

PRICE : 89,35 Euro YEAR OF PRODUCTION : 2013 PRODUCT CODE PMN-4T NOTES
N ew engine guard in high strength plastic (PEHD) developed in collaboration with CrossPro. On the right side is made on the way that you can adjust the valve. This product manages to combine light weight, high protection, zero vibration, zero-sounding and durability as well as a lightweight and streamlined look. Tested by our riders at the World Enduro!

- See more at: http://www.beta.boano.com/ita/foto.asp?prd=1581#sthash.mnhNZYQI.dpuf

• Like 1

It would be nice to see one mounted on a bike to see the full coverage. PEHD is very durable and slick but also pliable unless it's fairly thick. My only concern would be the side coverages. Will it be ridged enough to keep from being defected into the side cases and cracking the covers? I put sections of hose on my alum. factory guard for that very reason. I also want to add 1/4" sheet of HDPE to the bottom of the guard to help over rocks due to all the holes that will allow snagging. It forms very easily with heat.

It would be nice to see one mounted on a bike to see the full coverage. PEHD is very durable and slick but also pliable unless it's fairly thick. My only concern would be the side coverages. Will it be ridged enough to keep from being defected into the side cases and cracking the covers? I put sections of hose on my alum. factory guard for that very reason. I also want to add 1/4" sheet of HDPE to the bottom of the guard to help over rocks due to all the holes that will allow snagging. It forms very easily with heat.

Agreed 

There are better pictures on their website, looks to be very thick in some of the other pictures. 

I like it, the price is not bad, the shipping is to be determined..

I have reservations about just how much protection a plastic plate can give. In Australia there is a company called Force that makes good quality protection. I have the black bash plate and rate it. Not a bad price in my opinion either.

http://betamotor.com.au/betaenduro/product_info.php?cPath=99&products_id=3101

Beta_Bash_2sml_1.jpg

Force makes nice products, so does B&B Offroad. I've bought products from both of them for other bikes I've owned.

I'm just looking at alternatives to metal guards...

I have a red one and I think it's quite good.

Much better then some other plastic skid plates I had.

Perhaps the only negative is that it takes a bit of effort to take it off and put on. It has two mounting tabs in the middle that attach to the frame and front and back mount.

White CrossPro skid plate looks very cool. Blue is also interesting if you have '14. graphics with blue in it. 

Force products are probably the most hard-core, but availability (and price) can be difficult. 

IMG_0220.jpg

CW8B5688.jpg

CW8B5695.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

• Like 1

Here's a few pics of a Hyde we mounted on my buddies bike a few weeks back:

100_4063_zpsc88c2a1c.jpg

100_4062_zpsd802a2b9.jpg

100_4061_zps3fd91e2d.jpg

I was really surprised how thick and beefy these things are! I never liked the plastic plates before. These are a winner.