Sign in to follow this  

"Valve Seats" n clutch part "Hard to Find"

I've been doing some homework regarding Cylinder Head Rebuilding and it will probably lead to my full time "retired hobby" regarding MC's !!

My Question is regarding hard to find parts; Where do I find a supply of Valve Seats and Guides specifically for the CRF230 F and 250 ???

and then; where to find those rivets that hold the clutch basket to the drive gear ??

:thumbsup: TIA

You will not be able to buy any of those parts individually.  Most people use bolts when installing drive gear on an aftermarket clutch basket.  As for valve seats, get the ones you have cut or buy a new head.

• Like 1

Individual valve guides are usually serviced, but not always on lower cost product lines.  Valve seats are never (normally) sold from the dealer service catalogs, but are often available to small engine machine shops.  Replacing a seat is a critical operation that should only be performed by a competent machine shop.  Guide replacement will always require recutting/grinding the seats to ensure the 'square' relationship between the two.

• Like 1

I think the reamers used for the guides are damn expensive also. It's just cheaper to pay someone to install them.

• Like 1

Hey Guys ,,Thanks for the input ,,

I was an old school "Jobber Machinist" and I know the critical relationship of the 2 parts ,, I have no machining equipment << I have a competent shop nearby to do the work ,, I jus wanted to know where to get those parts and I think I will do OK with KibbleWhite ,, Jus found them !!

but for now a recut will do !! I will start first by making a setup to remove and install ,, with a little heat ,, then send out to cut !!

I retired ,, and now living abroad and many thing not available like back home ,, I see a small opportunity to jus stay in it !! 

Kibblewhite is one supplier of valve seats, guides and such.Another is AV-V distributed in America by Goodson in Minnesota.

Kibblewhite is one supplier of valve seats, guides and such.Another is AV-V distributed in America by Goodson in Minnesota.

Hey Boss ,, good deal, Thanks

Hows about springs and valves ,, I know about PAC (for springs),any others ,, I am putting together a lighter Valve train (not titanium)  ,, and want the quality parts !! not Parts Fish (OEM) ,,Allready found a ProX valve that fits in the stock hole

I want to show these guys something ,, I think I got this !!

Edited by Scottyyaa

You will never prove us wrong about anything by using OEM parts because they do work.  But we are always interested in ways to save money so if you can tell us we will listen.  I just hate having to do things twice and OEM parts are the most reliable for me.  You obviously want to do more than just bolt things together so if you are willing to take the measurements and do the additional fitting... let us know what you find.

Ehhhh , Jus lookin for parts Sir ,, I need a Good Spring ,, OEM parts quality is still better on a few parts over there in the U.S. but I am someplace else !! parts are from a different source !! :jawdrop: