Sign in to follow this  

A thread about a fantastic 2007 yz 250

It's been a little over a year since I've been back to riding dirt bikes after a 5 year hiatus. When I first decided to get back into the market my mind had already been made up, the choice was obvious, KTM. I mean why not? Look around at all of the local hare scrambles and enduros, 8 out of 10 bikes are orange. So I went for it, ended up with an 11 250 xcw, decent bike with some time on it but hey ktms are indestructible.. Right? Well I was wrong, after 2 ktms and a world of issues I ended up with my 07 yz 250.

Skeptical at first, they all look the same since 02, how behind are they? Rock solid reliability is what I'm looking for at this point and I knew if get that. Last winter 3500 bucks got me a MINT 07 yz 250. Needed absolutely nothing ( I know I didn't think it was possible either) and already well equipped with a gorr 295 ported low to mid and set up for pump gas. To make it better the top end was paired with a wr 3,4,5. After sending the suspension out and adding a few little things that are preference driven I must say I have found the perfect dirt bike for my riding style. I couldn't be any more pleased with the performance of this motor and how well the bike performs in the tight single track that I love. Too top it all off a KTM friend if mine borrowed the bike the other day and was completely floored by how " he can ride it all day in 3rd gear" and how aggressive yet totally controllable and fun to ride this motor is compared to his 250 xc. His next question? "How can I make my bike like this?"

If any of you guys are hesitant on a big bore yz or the wr Trans, don't be. You'll be thankful you did

Edited by Woodsweapon350
  • Like 2

I missed out on buying that bike!  Was on eBay in north Jersey right?  I was talking back and forth with the seller and you must of bought it in the mean time.  Was a great deal you got.  Has the YZ450 trees right and an 18" wheel in back?  That bike was well set up.  I'm envious, and a little hateful…just kidding.  I've since gotten a 2011 that I am setting up in a similar manner.

I missed out on buying that bike! Was on eBay in north Jersey right? I was talking back and forth with the seller and you must of bought it in the mean time. Was a great deal you got. Has the YZ450 trees right and an 18" wheel in back? That bike was well set up. I'm envious, and a little hateful…just kidding. I've since gotten a 2011 that I am setting up in a similar manner.

Yeah that's the bike. I threw on honda brakes and an ebc over sized rotor, my flexx bars and a g2 throttle to round out the perfect combo. Such and awesome combination Edited by Woodsweapon350