What was your first bike?

Just curious to see what y'all had as your first bike. Mine was a brand spankin new 2008 crf50f when I was 8. I was set to buy a old 50 from my cousin and two weeks before I was going to buy it my dad took me to town and asked if I wanted to look at bikes and bought me one. I think I was the happiest 8 year old ever haha rode it just about everyday until I was 10

1994 XR100 when I was 12.  It was by far the toughest bike I have ever owned.  It wouldn't be fair to call another bike bulletproof after owning the xr100.  Mine survived one crazy wild 12 year old (and his friends) until I was 16 and NEVER had a problem with it.  NEVER did any engine work.  Still sold it for $1000 and it was only $2000 new.  What a bike.

Edited by DirtSmoker250
  • Like 1

A 1969 Honda Z50.

First real full-sized dirt bike was a 1973 Hodaka Combat Wombat.

It's incredible how often this topic comes up here.  I can't help but keep boasting my first bike was a Honda Trail 90.  Talk about kick ass, and don't get me started on the suspension on that thing.  There's a thought, watching someone do a triple on a Honda Trail 90, now that would be something.  Just trying to keep my spirits up and find a cheap laugh here and there, cause man, I really need it.  By the way, I remember those Hodaka Wombats, they were kick ass.  Just the name inferred fear. :devil:

2004 SHINERAY 125, 4 stroke some Chinese bike that well lets just say made me appreciate the engineering in  a yz 125 it was a great bike to learn on all i could afford and it taught me the love of riding. 

Edited by ekulb14

2001 CR80. Asked for that or a preorder of Call of Duty Black Ops for my birthday. I do not regret getting the bike at all. That thing was awesome, especially at 12. We had this mulch pile in the yard I was supposed to spread and I just hit it as a jump and it would get down farther and farther everyday. Crashed for the first time when I discovered the powerband and decided I would stomp on the rear brake, causing it to slide sideways and had a rock through my shirt and sweatshirt into my shoulder.

The first bike's always the best one. Later sold it for $900, which paid for two thirds of my 125.

An 02 xr50, i was 3 and got it brand new for Christmas. Im 17 and currently TRYING to kill it. I ride it on flats, the oil drain bolt feel off once, ill redline it in mud and hold it there. Make ruts so deep the sprockets submerged in mud. Jumped it 5-6 feet straight up, more than once, and I'm like 180. It's still on the original grips and front tire. I am an xr believer

Not counting the mini bikes before it, my first bike was an unidentified 2 stroke 50.  It had small tires, folding handle bars and the shift pattern was 4 down. Missing so many parts, tank emblems and side covers we couldn't ID the thing.  Even took it to a dealer and they couldn't figure it out.  This was in the mid 70s.  But it ran.  

A 1969 Honda Z50.

First real full-sized dirt bike was a 1973 Hodaka Combat Wombat.

Mine was like a '70. Went in to buy the 70 Mini Trail with paper route money, but they were out, and I couldn't wait. Second bike was a '72 KE100 (I think) Kawasaki Enduro. Learned a lot on that bike, riding, maintenance, tire changing, etc. First day I fouled a plug riding too slow and thought I broke it.

Mike