Boaring dirt bikes

Ah man, I thought this topic was about boars.  No seriously, I don't think it will blow up if you do like Chokey said and find yourself a reputable machine shop that knows what they're doing.  I will say too that if you're looking for extra power because you're already peaking out a 250, then perhaps if the money situation is good (and don't ask me for a loan) upgrade to a bigger bike.  It's just like 125's and the many that finally swap it for a 250.  I'm not positive, but I think many will probably say that boring your bike to increase power isn't worth it and only adds minimal power unless I'm wrong.  You bore your cylinder when it's worn out, but not to tweak it to get a fraction of more power.  I'll probably hear something back on how wrong I am, but oh well, I have :moon: in my arsenal now, so I'm feeling wicked. :devil:

Edited by YZ490-DEVIL

LMAO..me too!

Well actually, when my eyes first focused on the title, I thought "boring" as not exciting, then zeroed in and thought, "boar" pig, I love bacon and ham, then I realized after reading the thread it was all about boring cylinders.  Now that is "boring"  :devil:

untitled.png

Edited by YZ490-DEVIL
  • Like 1

stupid computer lag

Don't think it's computer lag or connectivity, I think it's more TT and their servers not being able to keep up with the amount of nodes.  I'm almost positive too that all their advertising screws with the connectivity because this happens all the time.  I say we try to support TT as much as possible and buy stuff off their website so maybe, just maybe they upgrade their servers or at least hire another IT person to fix all these interrupting nagging ads and links.  Sometimes, I just want to grab my keyboard and just throw it out the window.  Lag, more like freezing your browser for minutes at a time before it finally starts to respond.  Another way I've figured how to unstick it is to open an ad on the same page that partially frozen in another tab and it somehow unfreezes the freaking thing. :devil:

I have a 290 bb kit on my 13 rmz250. I really like it. Its a great bike. Light and the power is very broad. Can ride it more like a 450. Its stronger than a sherco 300i. Only downsides are the gearbox is a bit too tight with the bb. Playing with sprockets will solve that. Will need a power commander or some type of tuner. Best bet is the vortex unit. So,$800 for a bb kit-270cc or 290, plus $700 for the vortex and whatever else..its about a $1500-$2k mod. Compared to other bolt-ons,it has huge gains in power. I dont feel its any less reliable or harder on the bike. Instead of revving the bike,you can ride it at lower rpm's. With a big bore or any bike with hc piston,cams,etc.- to keep them safe so they dont blow up- gotta replace parts frequently. Piston 30/40 hours if ridden hard. Valves i replace once they get tight and springs,keepers,seals i will replace also. Once they start to stretch-thats sign to replace and get seats done. Crank can normally go 100hrs. Some go longer,some less. Other than that-just make sure clutch is in good shape. Extra hp is hard on the clutch. Mine slipped with stock springs. Had to run hd springs. Fresh good quality oil and keeping engine temps low and the bb will last same as stock displacement. If you want more power that still rides like a 250f-get the cylinder works 270 kit. If you want strong bottom to mid and lots of torque-get a 290 kit. I recommend getting fhe cylinder ported with either kit. Big bore+air flow+fuel=more power.