Sign in to follow this  

California Because California is Soooo AWESOME!

I am sorry about this post but it has to be said.  If you don't want to hear the sarcastic remarks about Kalifornia than just don't read it.

Soo.. Because California is sooo awesome.

1. I tried to take my son to the last local riding area on the central coast only to see it fenced and locked with welded gates and a no trespassing sign every 10 feet.  Awesome.  This is after they California successfully shut down moto club in santa maria and the track in Paso Robles.  We wound up riding in a parking lot.  A cop stopped us and was really nice and agreed that it is a real shame now.   He said he is leaving California when his retirement is up in 3 years.  Enough is Enough he said and the kids that used to ride and work on dirt bikes now do drugs and play video games.. AWESOME KALIFORNIA.. WAY TO GO!

2. I tried to get a license plate for my bike dirt bike and you would think I was trying to get a license to traffic humans for the sex trade.  Seroiusly drug dealers would get more respect.   THANKS KALIFORNIA!!!! YOU ROCK!!

3. I go riding with some friends 2 hours away (last "local" trail) and get a ticket for crossing the road to get to the next trail.   AGAIN, you would think I was dealing drugs or trafficing humans.  The officer actually threatend one of the riders if he got back on his bike.. All of this to cross a 10 foot patch of road.   Kalifornia has some really screwed up priorities.  THANK KALIFORNIA ANOTHER RUINED TRIP.

4. They close cleercreak and try to close Pismo for environmental concerns BUT I SEE 200 ACRES of beautiful land about 2 miles from my house with a natural lake being dozed down and turned into apartments and CONDOS.. YEAH THAT IS MORE ENVIROMENTALLY FRIENDLY than riding dirt bikes on dirt trails. Where the hell is the sierra club or center for biodiversity on this one.  AWESOME KALIFORNIA TWO THUMBS UP!!!!

5.  OUR WONDERFUL AMA calls the loss of the majority of our riding area in Johnson Valley A SUCCESS????? What the hell?? If this is a success what is a failure?? AWESOME AMA AND KALIFORNIA.. WAY TO GO!

6. Almost every race I go to know has a legal defense fund to fund some mysterious men in black lawyers to protect our riding areas.  This is in addition to the mailers I get asking for money from AMA to save whatever the flavor of the day.  Now when I go to an event I feel like writing a check dirctly to the AMA new boat and yaht fund or AKA legal defense fund.. Got news for you folks. The only winners here are the lawyers at 500-1200 per hour.  Trust me on this.  AWESOME KALIFORNIA.. WE ARE GETTING IT DONE?? Funny how the grass roots volunteers attending the meetings are the onely ones saving our riding areas.. CAN WE JUST WRITE THE CHECKS TO THEM?

AND NOW THE BEST QUOTE..  At a recent desert race as I was signing up there was an older gentlemen getting ready to race his cherry triumph in the vintage dirt class.  After seeing all the fees he looks at the rest of the line and the AMA coordintor "since when do I have to pay lawyers and folks in DC to ride my motorcycle in the dirt?"  Awesome quote and a sign of the times.

And on that note, I am leaving California with my family to another state with a little more common sense.  I have had enough and I am fortunate enough to have the financial ability to move and buy property to build my own trails.

I will miss you folks at the tracks and events but I just can't do this anymore.. Most of the fellow dirt bike riders I have met are truly awesome but California treats us like criminals for riding dirtbikes.  I JUST DON'T GET IT.

Thank you,

Signing off NORSEAMIGO.

P.S. Send this to the legislature for all I care.

I am sorry about this post but it has to be said.  If you don't want to hear the sarcastic remarks about Kalifornia than just don't read it.

Soo.. Because California is sooo awesome.

1. I tried to take my son to the last local riding area on the central coast only to see it fenced and locked with welded gates and a no trespassing sign every 10 feet.  Awesome.  This is after they California successfully shut down moto club in santa maria and the track in Paso Robles.  We wound up riding in a parking lot.  A cop stopped us and was really nice and agreed that it is a real shame now.   He said he is leaving California when his retirement is up in 3 years.  Enough is Enough he said and the kids that used to ride and work on dirt bikes now do drugs and play video games.. AWESOME KALIFORNIA.. WAY TO GO!

2. I tried to get a license plate for my bike dirt bike and you would think I was trying to get a license to traffic humans for the sex trade.  Seroiusly drug dealers would get more respect.   THANKS KALIFORNIA!!!! YOU ROCK!!

3. I go riding with some friends 2 hours away (last "local" trail) and get a ticket for crossing the road to get to the next trail.   AGAIN, you would think I was dealing drugs or trafficing humans.  The officer actually threatend one of the riders if he got back on his bike.. All of this to cross a 10 foot patch of road.   Kalifornia has some really screwed up priorities.  THANK KALIFORNIA ANOTHER RUINED TRIP.

4. They close cleercreak and try to close Pismo for environmental concerns BUT I SEE 200 ACRES of beautiful land about 2 miles from my house with a natural lake being dozed down and turned into apartments and CONDOS.. YEAH THAT IS MORE ENVIROMENTALLY FRIENDLY than riding dirt bikes on dirt trails. Where the hell is the sierra club or center for biodiversity on this one.  AWESOME KALIFORNIA TWO THUMBS UP!!!!

5.  OUR WONDERFUL AMA calls the loss of the majority of our riding area in Johnson Valley A SUCCESS????? What the hell?? If this is a success what is a failure?? AWESOME AMA AND KALIFORNIA.. WAY TO GO!

6. Almost every race I go to know has a legal defense fund to fund some mysterious men in black lawyers to protect our riding areas.  This is in addition to the mailers I get asking for money from AMA to save whatever the flavor of the day.  Now when I go to an event I feel like writing a check dirctly to the AMA new boat and yaht fund or AKA legal defense fund.. Got news for you folks. The only winners here are the lawyers at 500-1200 per hour.  Trust me on this.  AWESOME KALIFORNIA.. WE ARE GETTING IT DONE?? Funny how the grass roots volunteers attending the meetings are the onely ones saving our riding areas.. CAN WE JUST WRITE THE CHECKS TO THEM?

AND NOW THE BEST QUOTE..  At a recent desert race as I was signing up there was an older gentlemen getting ready to race his cherry triumph in the vintage dirt class.  After seeing all the fees he looks at the rest of the line and the AMA coordintor "since when do I have to pay lawyers and folks in DC to ride my motorcycle in the dirt?"  Awesome quote and a sign of the times.

And on that note, I am leaving California with my family to another state with a little more common sense.  I have had enough and I am fortunate enough to have the financial ability to move and buy property to build my own trails.

I will miss you folks at the tracks and events but I just can't do this anymore.. Most of the fellow dirt bike riders I have met are truly awesome but California treats us like criminals for riding dirtbikes.  I JUST DON'T GET IT.

Thank you,

Signing off NORSEAMIGO.

P.S. Send this to the legislature for all I care.

this really sucks. arent there any lawyers that ride too and will do this legal stuff for free? If all the people that are pissed at what california is doing, leave, then there will be nobody left to put up a fight when they try to ruin more stuff. We already cant do almost anything. its only the lack of knowledge of the people at the dmv that got me a plate for my yz125. haha..