Sign in to follow this  

California Because California is Soooo AWESOME!

I am sorry about this post but it has to be said.  If you don't want to hear the sarcastic remarks about Kalifornia than just don't read it.

Soo.. Because California is sooo awesome.

1. I tried to take my son to the last local riding area on the central coast only to see it fenced and locked with welded gates and a no trespassing sign every 10 feet.  Awesome.  This is after California lawyers successfully shut down moto club in Santa Maria and the track in Paso Robles.  We wound up riding in a parking lot.  A cop stopped us and was really nice and agreed that it is a real shame now.   He said he is leaving California when his retirement is up in 3 years.  Enough is Enough he said and the kids that used to ride and work on dirt bikes now do drugs and play video games.. AWESOME KALIFORNIA.. WAY TO GO!

2. I tried to get a license plate for my bike dirt bike and you would think I was trying to get a license to traffic humans for the sex trade.  Seroiusly drug dealers would get more respect.   THANKS KALIFORNIA!!!! YOU ROCK!!

3. I go riding with some friends 2 hours away (last "local" trail) and get a ticket for crossing the road to get to the next trail.   AGAIN, you would think I was dealing drugs or trafficing humans.  The officer actually threatned one of the riders if he got back on his bike.. All of this to cross a 10 foot patch of road.   Kalifornia has some really screwed up priorities.  THANK KALIFORNIA ANOTHER RUINED TRIP.

4. They close Cleercreak and try to close Pismo for environmental concerns BUT I SEE 200 ACRES of beautiful land about 2 miles from my house with a natural lake being dozed down and turned into apartments and CONDOS.. YEAH THAT IS MORE ENVIROMENTALLY FRIENDLY than riding dirt bikes on dirt trails. Where the hell is the sierra club or center for biodiversity on this one.  AWESOME KALIFORNIA TWO THUMBS UP!!!!

5.  OUR WONDERFUL AMA calls the loss of the majority of our riding area in Johnson Valley A SUCCESS????? What the hell?? If this is a success what is a failure?? AWESOME AMA AND KALIFORNIA.. WAY TO GO!

6. Almost every race I go to now has a legal defense fund to fund some mysterious men in black lawyers to protect our riding areas.  This is in addition to the mailers I get asking for money from AMA to save whatever the flavor of the day.  Now when I go to an event I feel like writing a check dirctly to the AMA new boat and yaht fund or AKA legal defense fund.. Got news for you folks. The only winners here are the lawyers at 500-1200 per hour.  Trust me on this.  AWESOME KALIFORNIA.. WE ARE GETTING IT DONE?? Funny how the grass roots volunteers attending the meetings are the onely ones saving our riding areas.. CAN WE JUST WRITE THE CHECKS TO THEM?

AND NOW THE BEST QUOTE..  At a recent desert race as I was signing up there was an older gentlemen getting ready to race his cherry triumph in the vintage dirt class.  After seeing all the fees he looks at the rest of the line and the AMA coordintor "since when do I have to pay lawyers and folks in DC to ride my motorcycle in the dirt?"  Awesome quote and a sign of the times.

And on that note, I am leaving California with my family to another state with a little more common sense.  I have had enough and I am fortunate enough to have the financial ability to move and buy property to build my own trails.

I will miss you folks at the tracks and events but I just can't do this anymore.. Most of the fellow dirt bike riders I have met are truly awesome but California treats us like criminals for riding dirtbikes.  I JUST DON'T GET IT.

Thank you,

Signing off NORSEAMIGO.

P.S. Send this to the legislature for all I care.

Edited by norseamigo
  • Like 7

I am sorry about this post but it has to be said.  If you don't want to hear the sarcastic remarks about Kalifornia than just don't read it.

Soo.. Because California is sooo awesome.

1. I tried to take my son to the last local riding area on the central coast only to see it fenced and locked with welded gates and a no trespassing sign every 10 feet.  Awesome.  This is after California lawyers successfully shut down moto club in Santa Maria and the track in Paso Robles.  We wound up riding in a parking lot.  A cop stopped us and was really nice and agreed that it is a real shame now.   He said he is leaving California when his retirement is up in 3 years.  Enough is Enough he said and the kids that used to ride and work on dirt bikes now do drugs and play video games.. AWESOME KALIFORNIA.. WAY TO GO!

2. I tried to get a license plate for my bike dirt bike and you would think I was trying to get a license to traffic humans for the sex trade.  Seroiusly drug dealers would get more respect.   THANKS KALIFORNIA!!!! YOU ROCK!!

3. I go riding with some friends 2 hours away (last "local" trail) and get a ticket for crossing the road to get to the next trail.   AGAIN, you would think I was dealing drugs or trafficing humans.  The officer actually threatned one of the riders if he got back on his bike.. All of this to cross a 10 foot patch of road.   Kalifornia has some really screwed up priorities.  THANK KALIFORNIA ANOTHER RUINED TRIP.

4. They close Cleercreak and try to close Pismo for environmental concerns BUT I SEE 200 ACRES of beautiful land about 2 miles from my house with a natural lake being dozed down and turned into apartments and CONDOS.. YEAH THAT IS MORE ENVIROMENTALLY FRIENDLY than riding dirt bikes on dirt trails. Where the hell is the sierra club or center for biodiversity on this one.  AWESOME KALIFORNIA TWO THUMBS UP!!!!

5.  OUR WONDERFUL AMA calls the loss of the majority of our riding area in Johnson Valley A SUCCESS????? What the hell?? If this is a success what is a failure?? AWESOME AMA AND KALIFORNIA.. WAY TO GO!

6. Almost every race I go to now has a legal defense fund to fund some mysterious men in black lawyers to protect our riding areas.  This is in addition to the mailers I get asking for money from AMA to save whatever the flavor of the day.  Now when I go to an event I feel like writing a check dirctly to the AMA new boat and yaht fund or AKA legal defense fund.. Got news for you folks. The only winners here are the lawyers at 500-1200 per hour.  Trust me on this.  AWESOME KALIFORNIA.. WE ARE GETTING IT DONE?? Funny how the grass roots volunteers attending the meetings are the onely ones saving our riding areas.. CAN WE JUST WRITE THE CHECKS TO THEM?

AND NOW THE BEST QUOTE..  At a recent desert race as I was signing up there was an older gentlemen getting ready to race his cherry triumph in the vintage dirt class.  After seeing all the fees he looks at the rest of the line and the AMA coordintor "since when do I have to pay lawyers and folks in DC to ride my motorcycle in the dirt?"  Awesome quote and a sign of the times.

And on that note, I am leaving California with my family to another state with a little more common sense.  I have had enough and I am fortunate enough to have the financial ability to move and buy property to build my own trails.

I will miss you folks at the tracks and events but I just can't do this anymore.. Most of the fellow dirt bike riders I have met are truly awesome but California treats us like criminals for riding dirtbikes.  I JUST DON'T GET IT.

Thank you,

Signing off NORSEAMIGO.

P.S. Send this to the legislature for all I care.

You nailed it....

I'm just here for the money and when I retire in seven years I'm selling my over priced house and taking money and running

• Like 3

Trails were around before they had opinions... trails will be there once they are gone... ride them whenever you can...

• Like 1

Trails were around before they had opinions... trails will be there once they are gone... ride them whenever you can...

• Like 2

I do...but...it does take some of the fun out of it constantly "monitoring" your six and planning an escape route just to ride a dirt bike on public land.  Even at my age, they can ruin a portion of your life relative to riding.  I don't want to end up a felon for riding my dirt bike in a sand wash.....

• Like 5

Care to elaborate on the ticket you got "crossing the road" connecting the "last local trail"? I think someone drove by a Holiday Inn Express :lol:

Care to elaborate on the ticket you got "crossing the road" connecting the "last local trail"? I think someone drove by a Holiday Inn Express :lol:

Sounds like something Red would do.

• Like 1

I feel your pain norseamigo - and I did something about it.  Good luck with the move.   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Where did you try to ride? I know they have really cracked down on riding in the riverbed around Paso/Templeton. I see dads with their kids in that little dirt lot by the high school right off Vineyard drive....is that where you tried to go? Yeah it def sucks around here. I live in Grover Beach, but we never go to the dunes b/c it's a bunch of crazy mo-fo's out there from out of town. I do not care to try and deal with that nonsense out there. In order to ride in CA you have to move away from the coast. I'm pretty sure you could ride out in California Valley or Cuyama all you want.....not much out there but meth labs and miles of dirt.

Sounds like something Red would do.

Problem is, it is perfectly legal to do so Red could kiss my ass :jawdrop: ........2 lane highway

Edit-to clarify, you can legally ride an OHV across a 2 lane hwy at a 90degree angle. My ass is not a 2 lane hwy. I felt the need to clarify that for some reason. :lol:

Edited by KennyMc
  • Like 1

Free country? Red stakes, fences, windmills, military base expansion, hot handed ticket writing rangers, Doesn't seem free to a dirt bike enthusiast :excuseme:

Might be time to get out of the country before it becomes china 2 anyway-

Try Russia, they seem to be expanding :doh:
  • Like 3

I actually have friends that work in China and ride dirtbikes (we injection mold there).  They can ride anywhere and anytime they want.  They claim more freedom in China than in the US.  So long as you don't get crossways with the government by doing stupid stuff like posting anti-government rants.

Anyhow, something to think about.. There are parts of the bay area trails where you cannot ride  your mountain bike at night. My riding partner got a ticket for that as well.  Even with a light.

Its a free country, you can exit the state any time you choose.

Really, that is your stand?  You call lose of your rights every day freedom?  Really?  The exact reason we are losing the battle in California.. Everyone just says .. hey free country.  Got news for you.. You are FAR FROM FREE.  Ask any old timer from California what freedom looks like.. LITERALLY ANY OF THEM.  Where personal responsbility was with the user not uncle sam. 

And yes I am moving to where big brother is not watching me 24/7.

• Like 2

Want anything?  Anything.  In this day & age. Those that are most vocal win.  The media is just looking for a good story to sell attention.  They get $$$$ for more eye balls. You gotta make your voices heard. 

Pay attention. Fight back. Use your wallet. Vote.

When are you moving?  Big Brother is alive & well in China.................... Africa, Bolivia, Iran?

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 1

I, for one, would be outta this state if I didn't dig my family situation so much. I got five brothers and two sisters with all the nieces and nephews all getting to know and hang out with each other. Only have one masochistic brother who lives in L.A.

But when the kids go to college and especially if they go outta state.......................it just might be move time. California is a gorgeous place. Too bad the people-who-know-better-than-you run it. And the squeeze on the productive will continue and escalate I think.

• Like 1