Sign in to follow this  

Is the pilot jet the same thing as the slow jet?

Hey guys, I recently got 150rb 2007 model, we recently shimmed the valves into spec and the bikes runs good.. however when I role on the throttle, the bike bogs and the power delivery is delayed.. So I read a few forums and everybody said the most common solution for this is changing the pilot jet to a #45. But I cant find any info about the pilot jet in my manual, it only says Pilot screw opening, Slow jet, Jet needle, Needle Clip position, Main jet, Float level.. almost like it doesn't exist. Is it just another word for one of the other jets like maybe the slow jet? and if you guys know any other way to get rid of the bog in this thing, feel free to tell me! Thanks

If you decide to go to '08+ jetting, swap the needle for a 2008+ NMQS or NMRS (1/2 clip leaner). The '08+ jetting was also one step leaner on the pilot and one step richer on the main.

Edited by Old Plonker

alright, were going to start by changing the slow jet to a 45, and doing the ap mod with an o-ring. Thanks for the assistance !

I would also go smaller on the leak jet or get and adjustable leak.  Change the main too. Back in 2008 or so, there were a ton of threads on every single carb mod,  they helped me a dial my bike in.  Things like a smaller than a certain size leak jet had to be a Yamaha Leak jet.  Personally, I went to a R&D Powerbowl along with other mods. 

Alright, so after we threw in the 45 pilot/slow jet and did the ap mod with an oring, I took it out for a ride. But unfortunately it's still bogging !! Kind of disappointed. What would be the next best thing to do? I don't want to get the r&d PowerBowl because it costs a fortune, so what should I try

Have you verified the AP squirt?? When a bike has sat or used questionable gas will clog and deteriorate the AP diaphragm.

Plus one on "Boyesen QS3 is cheaper and works as well, or just get a smaller leak jet."  A smaller leak jet makes a bigger squirt, which equals less bog.  The Boyesen is adjustable, which nice to get it dialed in much quicker.

• Like 1

Flip up the subframe and watch the squirt. Squirt should just miss the slide and be strong straight shot of fuel.