Sign in to follow this  

2007 crf450 stuck in gear

Hello there everyone I got an issue and need some help identifying where this part should be let me start from the beginning, I was riding at a local track, practicing for the up coming season and was exiting in a corner I think in 2nd or 3rd(can't quite remember which) and then goin down a long straight as I hit the end of the gear I went to shift up and noticed the shifter was not clicking gears up it was still moving freely and springing back into place but was not shifting gears up or down, I quickly pulled off loaded up and went home, washed the hell out of the bike because it was a sand track, drained the trans oil, no filings or metal debris, pulled the clutch and the inner and outer baskets( as well as the inner case..thanks honda) and I found this collar laying in the bottom of my case, ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398217281.584193.jpg

But I'm not sure exactly how or where it's supposed to sit, would this cause the loss of shifting??

Oh and I did look at an exploded view but it didn't exactly help but on OEM parts I think I found it to be the shift collar and it sits Infront of the shift drum? Correct me if I'm wrong any help would be greatly appreciated

Oh and I did look at an exploded view but it didn't exactly help but on OEM parts I think I found it to be the shift collar and it sits Infront of the shift drum? Correct me if I'm wrong any help would be greatly appreciated

You see where it goes in the pic under the main shaft.

Your shift lever can move too far towards your motor and cause the whole shaft to move in and let this piece slip out. I actually put a rubber washer in between the shift lever and case in mine at one time, later removed it and Havnt had a problem since. It's just one of those freak issues that hardly ever ever happens.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398217667.872881.jpg

Yup. That's it

Yup. That's it

Yup. That's it

Yup. That's it

Yup. That's it

Sorry about the triple post I'm on the mobile app and must say it really sucks it won't let me delete my own posts

Yup. That's it

Sorry about the triple post I'm on the mobile app and must say it really sucks it won't let me delete my own posts

Yup. That's it

Yup. That's it

Your shift lever can move too far towards your motor and cause the whole shaft to move in and let this piece slip out. I actually put a rubber washer in between the shift lever and case in mine at one time, later removed it and Havnt had a problem since. It's just one of those freak issues that hardly ever ever happens.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398217667.872881.jpg

You sir are my hero thank you for that pic I've been searching google and YouTube for the last 3 days trying to find a clear definitive answer for this! One more question if I may how do I get my shift arm back onto it??

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398217667.872881.jpg

You sir are my hero thank you for that pic I've been searching google and YouTube for the last 3 days trying to find a clear definitive answer for this! One more question if I may how do I get my shift arm back onto it??

Remove your shift lever and then go back to the right side and it'll just side right out. You might not have to remove the lever actually. There's a piece on the right case cover that holds that arm in when it's all bolted up.. But again every once n awhile it some how slips off.

Remove your shift lever and then go back to the right side and it'll just side right out. You might not have to remove the lever actually. There's a piece on the right case cover that holds that arm in when it's all bolted up.. But again every once n awhile it some how slips off.

you mean the shift lever on the outside??

Get a razor blaze and mark where the lever bolts on. So you don't have to adjust the angle again and again later to get it back to how it is now

Get a razor blaze and mark where the lever bolts on. So you don't have to adjust the angle again and again later to get it back to how it is now

like just so it syncs up in the correct gear or do you mean the outer shifter just so it sits at the correct position? Lol sorry about the dumb questions man I'm just about in over my head with transmissions and gearing this is the first I've ever worked on excuse my ignorance