Sign in to follow this  

Thinking bout supermoto

I've been thinking bout takin up supermoto for a while I ride dirt every weekend and a cruiser daily. I got probably 50k on sport bikes I think I should pick it up fast. It would be cool to pick up something street legal so I can hit up my favorite twistys I really don't wanna sacrifice performance as 90% of its life will be track. I'm thinking bout converting my crf450r but it won't be street legal. I've seen quite a few plated wr450. I would like a full race bike can I expect to be quickly disappointed on a wr? Don't mind maintenance I'm a mechanic and have had my fare share of maintenance pigs.

Wr is a yz with a different cam or cam timing (depending on year ) different trany gearing softer suspension a headlight and a little bigger gas tank your going to have to mess with the suspension no matter what you get. your a mechanic so the cam issue timing on the earlier ones or a swap is no big deal the gearing works out pretty good as is imiop the maint is easier than your crf haven't had to adj valves ever unless changing cams I have a 98 wr 400 plated and sumo with yz cam timing my buddy has a 02 crf 450 that doesn't seam to be able to from me so I would say no you will do good with it