Sign in to follow this  

Thinking bout supermoto

I've been thinking bout takin up supermoto for a while I ride dirt every weekend and a cruiser daily. I got probably 50k on sport bikes I think I should pick it up fast. It would be cool to pick up something street legal so I can hit up my favorite twistys I really don't wanna sacrifice performance as 90% of its life will be track. I'm thinking bout converting my crf450r but it won't be street legal. I've seen quite a few plated wr450. I would like a full race bike can I expect to be quickly disappointed on a wr? Don't mind maintenance I'm a mechanic and have had my fare share of maintenance pigs.

Give Brian a call here, they can get you out on the track. That's if you are on SoCal.

As for race bike vs double duty bike well The WR is ok for both but still a dirty bike, a full on race bike no. Will so destroy the motor ;)

I've been thinking bout takin up supermoto for a while I ride dirt every weekend and a cruiser daily. I got probably 50k on sport bikes I think I should pick it up fast. It would be cool to pick up something street legal so I can hit up my favorite twistys I really don't wanna sacrifice performance as 90% of its life will be track. I'm thinking bout converting my crf450r but it won't be street legal. I've seen quite a few plated wr450. I would like a full race bike can I expect to be quickly disappointed on a wr? Don't mind maintenance I'm a mechanic and have had my fare share of maintenance pigs.

Look up JaketheGardenSnake on youtube. He rides a wr450 supermoto.

Yea im in san diego there's a track/school in ocean side I've been dying to do. And every so often they do sumo races at the chargers stadium. I know I'm not the greatest rider but I hold my own just fine on the track and caynons. I was also thinking bout a husky 450 or 510.

Yea im in san diego there's a track/school in ocean side I've been dying to do. And every so often they do sumo races at the chargers stadium. I know I'm not the greatest rider but I hold my own just fine on the track and caynons. I was also thinking bout a husky 450 or 510.

Here's the linky I forgot to post LOL http://socalsupermoto.com/

Yea that's the one I found it was riverside not oceanside. I decided that I'm gonna convert my crf450r