Sign in to follow this  

Walmart SuperTech outboard 2stroke oil

I ran it in two different bikes for a while with no problems at all. But then i realized, why the hell am i running wal mart oil. Probably not the best choice. Always stick with motorcycle approved premix.

I ran a gallon of it through a CR250 without issue....didn't smoke, didn't gum anything up, didn't smell awful.  I wonder how it would test

• Like 1

I just really didn't like it, it smoked to much, I felt like it bogged more.

I just couldn't get it to run as good as with good oil at 50:1. I'm sure it works just not as well

I just really didn't like it, it smoked to much, I felt like it bogged more.

I just couldn't get it to run as good as with good oil at 50:1. I'm sure it works just not as well

I would suspect you couldn't.  A bike jetted for 50:1 oil mix will not be jetted properly for 32:1.  Depending upon your application, 50:1 may not be optimum for what you are doing....regardless of what the seat of your pants tells ya.  If I remember right, a bike properly jetted for 18:1 will produce the most horsepower due to the better ring seal provided by more oil.  However, more oil has other issues....like it has to go somewhere, and it's more expensive and all things considered, hard to make a good business case for 18:1.  Most manufacturers recommend 20:1 for lots of reasons, performance not really being one of them. I've heard KTM recommends a specific oil and a 50:1 ratio.  I don't know if they come jetted for it though. I think it's part of their 'ready to race' moniker.

Edited by Slackkinhard

I would suspect you couldn't. A bike jetted for 50:1 oil mix will not be jetted properly for 32:1. Depending upon your application, 50:1 may not be optimum for what you are doing....regardless of what the seat of your pants tells ya. If I remember right, a bike properly jetted for 18:1 will produce the most horsepower due to the better ring seal provided by more oil. However, more oil has other issues....like it has to go somewhere, and it's more expensive and all things considered, hard to make a good business case for 18:1. Most manufacturers recommend 20:1 for lots of reasons, performance not really being one of them. I've heard KTM recommends a specific oil and a 50:1 ratio. I don't know if they come jetted for it though. I think it's part of their 'ready to race' moniker.

When I went to 32:1 with cheap oil I changed the jetting accordingly but when it stopped smoking and bogging I felt like it was to lean for me.

I ride a ktm 200 with and ktm recommends 40:1 to 60:1 with full synthetic oilI like 50:1.

I have a piston that I changed after 100 hours that looks perfect I will post a picture of it when I get home.

When I went to 32:1 with cheap oil I changed the jetting accordingly but when it stopped smoking and bogging I felt like it was to lean for me.

I ride a ktm 200 with and ktm recommends 40:1 to 60:1 with full synthetic oilI like 50:1.

I have a piston that I changed after 100 hours that looks perfect I will post a picture of it when I get home.

I'd be fascinated to see an analysis of the different combinations given some of the new synthetics.  There is always trade-offs, I just wonder where they are.

I'd be fascinated to see an analysis of the different combinations given some of the new synthetics. There is always trade-offs, I just wonder where they are.

If someone did an experiment comparing the different types of oils it would be interesting.

I think you would want to see how well different oils work as they are heated too there flashpoint.

If someone did an experiment comparing the different types of oils it would be interesting.

I think you would want to see how well different oils work as they are heated too there flashpoint.

Paging Chokey to the white courtesy phone....

I’ve run many gallons of it through a KX250, KDX220, and an Evinrude 6 over many years without incident.   I’m not a racer or a high performance guy but the older guy at the back of the line enjoying myself putting along yet still expected pick up the tab……

I run the Kawi’s at 32:1 and the Evinrude at 60:1   No oil lubrication related problems with either.

• Like 1

I have a 1997 street legal KDX220 with over 7000 miles and should do a tear down to see how it looks. Still on the original piston and rings. :jawdrop:  compression is at 150psi

I have a 1997 street legal KDX220 with over 7000 miles and should do a tear down to see how it looks. Still on the original piston and rings. :jawdrop: compression is at 150psi

been using the super tech outboard oil for 7K miles?
  • Like 1

I have a 1997 street legal KDX220 with over 7000 miles and should do a tear down to see how it looks. Still on the original piston and rings. :jawdrop: compression is at 150psi

You got 7k miles from a 2 stroke without a tear down?