Sign in to follow this  

To much oil?

So my cousin has been riding her dad's 2011 450 and won't listen to me and continues to put to much oil in each change. Between 1.3-1.4 litters. Isn't the bike suppose to hold around a 1000ml w/out a filter change? What could happen w/the extra oil? Blow a seal? Or will the bike blow the excess oil out the breather hose?

So my cousin has been riding her dad's 2011 450 and won't listen to me and continues to put to much oil in each change. Between 1.3-1.4 litters. Isn't the bike suppose to hold around a 1000ml w/out a filter change? What could happen w/the extra oil? Blow a seal? Or will the bike blow the excess oil out the breather hose?

Yes too much oil. I use a quart a change which is like 948ml or something like that. Been doing it for years.

Yes you will have blow by, most likely.

Yes you could have potential issues.

Remove the oil and add the right amount.

Yes too much oil. I use a quart a change which is like 948ml or something like that. Been doing it for years.

Yes you will have blow by, most likely.

Yes you could have potential issues.

Remove the oil and add the right amount.

+1

I use a quart with filter change and have never had a problem.

I do 1100 cc each time. It always leaves top 1/3 of window with an air gap after I've ridden bike and let it sit for awhile. I think the 1.3 to 1.4 liters is too much.

Thanks for the reply's, I showed her this thread and she finally listened and allowed me to drain it and put in the correct amount...