2013 KTM Hand guard removal?

Am i missing something? 

Smash my left ktm oem hand guard over the weekend and ordering some bark busters BUT! 

You can't just take the oem hand guard off, the bracket is housing the nut that keeps the clutch/brake lever bolts attached to the master cylinders. 

What did you all do? 

• Like 1

I think you need 2 things, I'm sure both can be ordered as replacement parts:  First you need the black rubber boots that keep dirt out of the master cylinders when the hand guards are not in place.  These are the big black rubber pieces that you pull over the lever and wraps around the ends of the master cylinders.  Second you will need shorter lever pivot bolts, since the bolts will no longer go through the stock hand guards.  I bought my 500EXC in the crate and these pieces were all installed by the factory.  The KTM hand guards were in a bag along with the longer pivot bolts.  I had to remove the boots and short bolts to install the KTM hand guards.  If they didn't come with your bike then your dealer must have kept them, but I'm sure you can order them as parts. 

Haha.. You guys are great. Checked that bag after work today and found a bunch of random goodies including these parts.

Thank you.

While we are on the subject... Do you really have to buy the oem guards in pairs? Mine are brand new, minus my missing left hand side.