Sign in to follow this  

Can anyone confirm?

Hey all so I have 05 250f. I bought a new air filter so I opened it punt swap them out. Can anyone confirm if there is a gasket that sits on the guide the air filter rest on. I am not talking about the plastic that goes into the air filter. Reason I ask is on my bike it seems there is a seal there, and mine looks all stretched and torn, so I pulled up the schematics and see no such thing. So my question is, is it possibly mounted to part #13 in the attached picture. If someone could check on their bike I would appreciate it, I have a trip coming up in a week and half and need to order the piece if so.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398223877.645464.jpg

Filter rests snugly on a piece of plastic, no seal there. That is why you use the rim grease on the filter, to stick to that surface. You do not want air to go around the filter in any way.

Filter rests snugly on a piece of plastic, no seal there. That is why you use the rim grease on the filter, to stick to that surface. You do not want air to go around the filter in any way.

I'll take a picture of what I'm talking about when I get home, I swear it looks like a gasket.