Sign in to follow this  

Straying from factory connection settings

Hey guys post a similar question in wrong forum. Just got suspenion back bike is set too recommended clicker Setting and 108 sag forks up 5 mm this is what factory connection recommended. trying too get bike too hold a little tighter line in corners. How far should I stray from there base Settings and what would you start with I'm new too proper set up and racing mx how ever have owned a few bikes. Any help would be great thanks

Edited by Mtrain730

Hey man what year/model are you riding? What is the OEM spec on the fork tube height? I am not a suspension pro, but have been getting a lot better at understanding the feedback of the bike and making small changes. My 12' KX pushed through the turns a lot, had a hard time staying planted and make me feel uneasy. I moved my fork tubes up in the triple clamps 2mm and it really helped out a lot, and then the last fine tuning I was able to bring in with dropping the front tire PSI to 10lbs for the specific track condition. I know that's pretty basic adjustments and you may have already done that if so hopefully some else can chime in and give you better feedback. Goodluck!!

2006 KX85 / 2012 KX250F

2012 KX450F / District 6 #225

Instagram + Twitter: Schearer225

• Like 1

Hey guys post a similar question in wrong forum. Just got suspenion back bike is set too recommended clicker Setting and 108 sag forks up 5 mm this is what factory connection recommended. trying too get bike too hold a little tighter line in corners. How far should I stray from there base Settings and what would you start with I'm new too proper set up and racing mx how ever have owned a few bikes. Any help would be great thanks

all they do is gave you base settings to get you in the ball park. No such beast as a turn key suspension. Unless you ride nothing but deep sand or loam 108 is a bit much, 103 is better and will plant your front end better. Remember no suspension company truly knows how you ride unless they are right there watching. You have to play with clickers to fine tune.
  • Like 1

Thanks guys the manual says fork tubes level I'm running them up in the clamps 5mm because that's what fc recommended after they revalved. Ill have too check what the clickers are at but they are also set too factory connections recomandation. I guess I'll just have too test and tune I was just curious were you though what be a could place too start too get some more front tire bite because I'm just guessing if I start turning clickers.