Sign in to follow this  

FMF or Leo Vine

Wow! Thanks for the input. I'll go ahead and get the uptite then.

You didn't even tell people for what bike and then you get pissed off. 

Good job buddy. 

I have used Leo Vince in my bike simply because of the removable spark arrestor (if this is a 2t). I have wanted to use Leo Vince on my 4t as they are less expensive, my shop sells them and they make good performance gains.

That all being said, I have had a problem with some FMF stuff and after talking to customer support, they have more then done enough for me that I won't hesitate to use their products again. I use FMF pipes on my 2ts.

Yeah it would help to know what type of bike your intended needs were for (LOL), but what the heck, I'll bite.

FMF makes a damn nice product for Beta's and very durable, I've bought a few of their complete systems for different bikes and have one on my Yama-dog now.

Leo's are every nice quality systems/mufflers, but had one with a carbon end-cap and I cracked it, had to rob the bank to replace that end-cap...........

IMHO, for the new version of Beta 4-stk machines, I like flying under the radar, so I'll keep the stock can on for now, but if I need more top end, I'll look towards FMF first.

• Like 1

I have the Leo Vince on mine with the carbon end cap. I bought it when I got my Beta. I run the quiet insert. It blows 95 db or so at half throttle. Very quiet. The head pipe is double walled and even has a heat shield. My carbon cap is cracked but not bad enough to justify getting a new one.

I'm actually very happy with mine. Surprisingly, it has proven to be very durable. Even the carbon muffler mounts have held up to numerous crashes, flip overs and rock tumbles.

file_zpsfde58deb.jpg

Banged up but holding up really well.

100_4029_zpsce621d88.jpg

100_4072_zpse31359b9.jpg

Thanks the responses. I have a 2014 400 RS and would like to keep it relatively quiet too. I found a good deal on a Leo Vince system but was leaning more towards the FMF Q4.

Thanks the responses. I have a 2014 400 RS and would like to keep it relatively quiet too. I found a good deal on a Leo Vince system but was leaning more towards the FMF Q4.

Look into clearance challenges with that system, as the the header pipe does run rather close to the coolant line, mind you many here have thing things to bypass this issue.

While the Leo system most likely would make the most HP, though IMHO the stock header and the Q4 would increase the output on top nicely. As a few tests have been done with just a slip-on FMF and people found that extra top-end they were looking for.

Also if playing with the 2014 400RS, I would assume you have already lowered your overall gearing, which would help in giving you more snap. I'm sure glad I did with my 2014 450RS, unless of course you want to drone down the highway for long stints......

Did you consider Arrow?

I had a LeoVince on my '06 RR400, was the open configuration (it was owned) and after a custom-built spark arrestor/silencer i found good for the trails (without it was VERY loud and the powerband was terrible).

Spare parts are truly expensive and difficult to find.

I ended up getting the FMF Q4 with the power bomb header.  I have about 200 more miles to put on the motor before I temp myself with the new exhaust.  I will report back the performance gains once I have some seat time.  Thanks for all the posts.

• Like 1

I ended up getting the FMF Q4 with the power bomb header.  I have about 200 more miles to put on the motor before I temp myself with the new exhaust.  I will report back the performance gains once I have some seat time.  Thanks for all the posts.

Nice choice!