Sign in to follow this  

Bought a 00E mainly for the mods, thanks!

First off, thanks to all of the forum contributors! I probably spent 15 hours looking through this forum before buying my new to me bike and another 15+ hours since... Also read through the Suzuki service manual. (I only get OCD when it comes to new toy vehicles, started with rx-7's).

Anywho, I ended up getting a 2000 E that was made street legal. Could of bought a 07 S with 2k miles on it for the same price but I convinced myself that I would of ended up buying most of the mods on the E anyway :). It's been 2 weeks since I bought it and loving my decision. Put 50 hard single track miles on her last week and she ran great, even starts cold as fast as you can snap a finger! I am currently 95% done putting it back together after a medium tear down and rejuvenation. Living in CO at the moment and can't wait to explore... Later on in the season I am planning on doing a small part of the trans American trail and all of the BDRCO.. Not liking my options for cheaply priced side racks, only can find one model for 400. Anyone have a used one?

Mods to the bike....

Race tech springs

Race tech gold valves

MSR shifter

Jetting and easy idle adjustment screw

3x300 mod... Someone cut a big hole on top and drilled 30 1/2 inch holes on the right side?!?

Aluminum case covers

Devol radiator guards

Devol rear disc guard

Kick start

Large lithium ion battery

Tug straps

4 gallon ims fuel tank

Carbon fiber skid plate

Electric grip heaters

Drz400s cooling system (with fan)

MCCT

fat bars

Brothers triple clamp

Full Yoshimura RS3 exhaust.. FOR SALE unless it is under 97db.. Haven't checked yet

Rekluse 2.0 auto clutch FOR SALE previous owner said it had 500 miles on it... Works perfectly..

Digital speedo

Front wave rotor

Extra knobbies

Extra sprocket sizes

All stock parts taken off came in a box!

image.jpg

Edited by DeanR
  • Like 1

I like them, very comfortable. My friend has a stock setup and it is very noticeable. I am 6'3" Nord and the height difference with the triple helps out a bunch ;)

I like them, very comfortable. My friend has a stock setup and it is very noticeable. I am 6'3" Nord and the height difference with the triple helps out a bunch ;)

i bet. I wonder if ut helps with blood flow cause on long freeway trips i have to constantly move my fingers cause they get numb to point i cant feel them lol

My nerves must be bad.. any bike or atv that I ride makes my hands go numb.. now the go numb when I wake up and randomly throughout the day

i bet. I wonder if ut helps with blood flow cause on long freeway trips i have to constantly move my fingers cause they get numb to point i cant feel them lol

"Fat Bars" or "Over-Sized" bars are only larger at the clamp (1 1/8")... out at the controls they are still 7/8".  The rationale behind over-sized handlebars is that they are stronger, don’t require a crossbar and they flex.

"Fat Bars" or "Over-Sized" bars are only larger at the clamp (1 1/8")... out at the controls they are still 7/8". The rationale behind over-sized handlebars is that they are stronger, don’t require a crossbar and they flex.

ahh okay. Thanks! Whats the advantage of a flexable bar?

My nerves must be bad.. any bike or atv that I ride makes my hands go numb.. now the go numb when I wake up and randomly throughout the day

It's called CT - Carpal Tunnel syndrome  

Blood flow to the fingers blocked by swelling at the CT.

Look it up.  

Vibration makes it act up. 

Edited by MindBlower

Flexibility in a bar would be very slight , you would never notice it .

Faastco make Flex Bars , I have some .. They work and take some of the initial shock out of the hit .

Right On :thumbsup:

Fasstco & Twisted Engineering bars in their own category as far as flexibility.

As far as “over-sized” bars, all those claims are from the manufacturers… I've never seen any real data to back those claims up.  One thing for sure is due to the increased clamping area at the center, the “over-sized” bars will better resist twisting than 7/8" ones.  Here’s a good read from Motocross Action Mag.

I think “over-sized” bars are sort of a fad or trend nowadays... even bicycles have them.  Whether they are better than quality 7/8" bars is subjective. One thing to consider is that many aftermarket parts are catered to “over-sized” bars (sub-mount dampers, top triple clamps, etc…).  All I know is my bike has been beat pretty well off-road and my Answer Pro-Taper bars are still holding up strong.

We'll I took out the auto clutch and think I have it sold... Can't believe how easy it is to work on the clutch! Anyways, I have put right around 170 miles of very rough trail riding in colorado and besides a few loose bolts, she has been running great. Changed the brakes, oil and brake fluid. Have a kenda front knobbie that came with the bike that I plan to put on soon and plan to get a street legal kenda or Dunlop knobbie for the rear. Have had a handful of big crashes but luckily haven't been injured (thankfully I spent 700 bucks on safety gear) the last time I rode a dirtbike was 17 years ago when I was 14.. 5'7ish and 140 poundISH.. IM 31 6'4" and around 220 now... Quite a difference :)

Think I have my recluse clutch sold and I just put up a full yoshimura rs3 exhaust on the classifieds.. Money is going for adventure racks so I can do the cobdr.. Have the exhaust system listed at 250 bucks.. Big dings in the muffler.. Is that a fair price?