Sign in to follow this  

WestVirginia Burning Rock, WV. GP Race...what is it?

I thought a GP was on a moto track, but it's listed under the off road/woods racing schedule.  Anyone done this one?  I have a season pass and would like to race it, but have not yet ridden a real moto track, or real jumps for that matter.  

Thanks

Gp is a mixture between a moto and scramble.

Track and woods.

Real track real jumps fast paced tight spots in woods hill climbs parts of tracks etc. They are my favorite

I live 1 hour from burning rock and only ride wildwood for gp or Hatfield for trails

How is burning rock?

How much is pass?

I'm fairly new to dirt bikes, but I like burning rock.  Last year we only rode a few of the single track trails, since we were still pretty new at it.  If you're an hour away, I'd say there is no reason not to go.  I believe a 1 day pass was $25, $45 for Sat/Sun, but we ended up just getting a season pass after the first visit.  I think it was $85 and lasts 365 days, not just til the end of the calendar year.  It seems like a good deal.  Camping(tent) is nice, fresh grass to setup on, not a gravel parking lot, and the 3 times we were there only about 3 of the 30+ sites were taken.  One thing that does kind of suck is the bathroom is part of the camp/track store , so it's a far walk and if there is an event going on you may be trying to get a shower in with lots of other people waiting, etc.

Anyways, since I've never been on a track yet, I might just wait for the hare scrambles this year, they have 4 or 5 of them.  

I'm fairly new to dirt bikes, but I like burning rock. Last year we only rode a few of the single track trails, since we were still pretty new at it. If you're an hour away, I'd say there is no reason not to go. I believe a 1 day pass was $25, $45 for Sat/Sun, but we ended up just getting a season pass after the first visit. I think it was $85 and lasts 365 days, not just til the end of the calendar year. It seems like a good deal. Camping(tent) is nice, fresh grass to setup on, not a gravel parking lot, and the 3 times we were there only about 3 of the 30+ sites were taken. One thing that does kind of suck is the bathroom is part of the camp/track store , so it's a far walk and if there is an event going on you may be trying to get a shower in with lots of other people waiting, etc.

Anyways, since I've never been on a track yet, I might just wait for the hare scrambles this year, they have 4 or 5 of them.

Tracks are not bad. 8th just techniques.

You are better off going on open days and riding them to get used to them.

Tracks are a blast!

Burning rock has a track?

Where are you located?

Tracks are not bad. 8th just techniques.

You are better off going on open days and riding them to get used to them.

Tracks are a blast!

Burning rock has a track?

Where are you located?

Yes, Burning Rock has a track(I think 2 of them actually).  I think they are new which is why you may not have heard of it yet.  

I live near Washington DC, so about 4-5 hours away.

Y'all still riding burning rock? Looking to start a weekend group. I hold a season pass there and try to go at least every other weekend but would look to go every weekend. Let me know!

Y'all still riding burning rock? Looking to start a weekend group. I hold a season pass there and try to go at least every other weekend but would look to go every weekend. Let me know!

You going any time soon?

I'm an hour and a few north