Sign in to follow this  

v4 stabilizer problem

Hey guys, 

I just installed the gpr v4 stabilizer on my 2011 honda crf 450r.  Install was a breeze, but I notices as soon as I put the stabilizer on it was hard to turn the bars side to side.  Obviously I know this is a stabilizer and thats what its supposed to do, but at the first setting it was pretty hard to turn left and right (compared to my dads bike with the same stabilizer) .  I know the stabilizer is meant to be tight 15 degrees in each direction, but at setting 1-3 it all feels the same, hard through the whole motion of turning the bars back and forth.  I have ridden bikes with the same stabilizer and the first setting was way easier to turn the bars and only kicked in for 15 degrees each way, so I guess my question is do these stabilizers have to be worn in? 

Hey guys, 

I just installed the gpr v4 stabilizer on my 2011 honda crf 450r.  Install was a breeze, but I notices as soon as I put the stabilizer on it was hard to turn the bars side to side.  Obviously I know this is a stabilizer and thats what its supposed to do, but at the first setting it was pretty hard to turn left and right (compared to my dads bike with the same stabilizer) .  I know the stabilizer is meant to be tight 15 degrees in each direction, but at setting 1-3 it all feels the same, hard through the whole motion of turning the bars back and forth.  I have ridden bikes with the same stabilizer and the first setting was way easier to turn the bars and only kicked in for 15 degrees each way, so I guess my question is do these stabilizers have to be worn in? 

is 3 the softest setting?

when i installed my scotts they provided a shorter rubber bar mount becuase the bolt will rub on the top of the frame mount if the stock one is used.  this may be a streach, but check your clearances to make sure everything is moving freely.