Sign in to follow this  

San Luis obispo county-riding spots

I've heard of a few places to ride besides zaca station, oceana dunes, and pozo. Has anyone else heard about the sand track river bed in Atascadero? Or an old track behind the prison is San Luis?

You may want to reply to this thread: http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1075736-atowntempletonpaso/

There is also the Cal Poly Penguins' Hi-Mountain dual sport ride happening this Sunday that will grant you a one day pass for lots of private land riding (must have a license plate): http://cppenguinsmc.com/

There are plenty of other small (one or two trail) riding areas in the SLO and SB county areas as well as OHV areas like Rockfront and Ballinger . Don't you live in Santa Maria? I ride almost every weekend, PM me if you want to ride.

I've heard of a few places to ride besides zaca station, oceana dunes, and pozo. Has anyone else heard about the sand track river bed in Atascadero? Or an old track behind the prison is San Luis?

yes there is a track in Atascadero its private land but it was open to use last I herd if you don't trash the place Santa Barbraa road where it changes to los Palos rd by the RR tracks you can see it on google maps

have you tried pipe line in Paso off Ramada drive you can see it from 101 private land but if you respect it you want have a problem I have fried that rid there MX type riding

That track in atascadero has been gone for years. There is still a little spot on the other side of the rr tracks but the gate is usually closed.

Edited by YZJohn250

That track in atascadero has been gone for years. There is still a little spot on the other side of the rr tracks but the gate is usually closed.

You mean this spot?....https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Atascadero,+CA&hl=en&ll=35.600107,-120.687658&spn=0.00772,0.013937&sll=38.997934,-105.550567&sspn=7.553541,14.27124&oq=atascadero&hnear=Atascadero,+San+Luis+Obispo+County,+California&t=h&z=17

no, that's pipeline. I heard people were getting tickets for riding there but we ride it all the time with no problems.

Rode there once last year. No one around other than one kid on a bike when I pulled up but he was mostly cleaning up an area where someone had left trash.

Anyone ever ride Divide Peak in the hills of Santa Barbara? It's not too bad, pretty cool seeing ocean on one side and lake on the other. I ride Ballinger mostly - may be going to Ballinger this coming Sunday 7/6 or the following 7/13 with my bro.

Anyone ever ride Divide Peak in the hills of Santa Barbara? It's not too bad, pretty cool seeing ocean on one side and lake on the other. I ride Ballinger mostly - may be going to Ballinger this coming Sunday 7/6 or the following 7/13 with my bro.

I don't really like the place. The drive is long for almost nothing to ride, and the track is thrashed.

I don't really like the place. The drive is long for almost nothing to ride, and the track is thrashed.

Yeah, depending where you live I suppose the drive can be long. Last time I was there it was thrashed too, but it's better than no seat time. Ballinger is definitely where it's at, been riding there almost 20 years.

Edited by BleedBlue897

Yeah, depending where you live I suppose the drive can be long. Last time I was there it was thrashed too, but it's better than no seat time. Ballinger is definitely where it's at, been riding there almost 20 years.

Ojai, Balinger is were I go. I can see divides peak right now from the SB channel though Edited by rbernardi

Ballinger is where I have been going lately. Its about a 30 minute drive farther than Pozo for me (I'm in AG) but way better riding. I was there on Saturday and while it could use some rain it still had better conditions than Pozo. I would love to know of any spots closer to me though even if its just a small area to go play around in.

Ojai, Balinger is were I go. I can see divides peak right now from the SB channel though

Where do you ride in Ojai? I'm there A LOT on my Duc hitting the 33...Always see trucks with dirt bikes in the back but figured they're headed towards Ballinger via 33.

Ballinger is where I have been going lately. Its about a 30 minute drive farther than Pozo for me (I'm in AG) but way better riding. I was there on Saturday and while it could use some rain it still had better conditions than Pozo. I would love to know of any spots closer to me though even if its just a small area to go play around in.

Ballinger is like a 1 1/2 roughly drive for me one way but it's well worth a good days riding. I've been to Pozo once and had a real shitty time, dude I was with thought he knew where he was going and it was a complete waste of time, but have heard it's good fun if you know where you're going of course.

Ballinger is like a 1 1/2 roughly drive for me one way but it's well worth a good days riding. I've been to Pozo once and had a real shitty time, dude I was with thought he knew where he was going and it was a complete waste of time, but have heard it's good fun if you know where you're going of course.

I've ridden everything at Pozo other than stairsteps. It's not that much fun there in my opinion. It's worth the extra 30 minute drive to Ballinger for a days riding. Pozo was nice when I did the Penguins dual sport ride though as well as the private land we were able to ride on. I ride pretty cautiously though since I'm always riding by myself.

I've ridden everything at Pozo other than stairsteps. It's not that much fun there in my opinion. It's worth the extra 30 minute drive to Ballinger for a days riding. Pozo was nice when I did the Penguins dual sport ride though as well as the private land we were able to ride on. I ride pretty cautiously though since I'm always riding by myself.

Good to know to stay clear of there still then. Well, you're welcome to join me n my bro when we ride at Ballinger this Sunday or the following depending how his leg heals up from getting tatted.

Good to know to stay clear of there still then. Well, you're welcome to join me n my bro when we ride at Ballinger this Sunday or the following depending how his leg heals up from getting tatted.

Thanks. Its probably going to be a few weeks before I'm able to get back out there. :ride:

Thanks. Its probably going to be a few weeks before I'm able to get back out there. :ride:

No problem, just shoot me a PM when you're able and we can work a ride day in some time.

Where do you ride in Ojai? I'm there A LOT on my Duc hitting the 33...Always see trucks with dirt bikes in the back but figured they're headed towards Ballinger via 33.

There is no where to ride in ojai. They are all going to ballinger, Ortega trail, or tantenta trail (spelling) maybe apache, but it's not worth shit. I heard of a place in Lockwood valley, but have never been.