Sign in to follow this  

2001 CR125 What do I need to know

Gday Guys n Gals,

Just bought my son a 2001 CR125, fresh top and bottom end rebuild, looks in great condition.    It has just had $2200 spent on it, cables, stator, tyres, brakes, plastics, graphic, FMF pipe and silencer, carb rebuild, the list goes on.

Is there anything I need to know about or should check on the bike.  The stuff you only find out about after something breaks.

Appreciate any advice that will keep my son riding.

1010008_10152045487636305_950283695_n.jpg

1535614_10152045487811305_776433250_n.jpg

A bar pad?

Whats this meant to be humor....seriously is there any particular to this model that I should be aware of??

By the way Firebird it has a bar pad :thumbsup:

Whats this meant to be humor....seriously is there any particular to this model that I should be aware of??

By the way Firebird it has a bar pad :thumbsup:

It's humorous untill you chest or chin hits naked back clamps! :crazy:

Put some anti-seize on the chain tension adjuster bolts. Also, check your steering head, linkage and swing arm bearings.

• Like 2

It's humorous untill you chest or chin hits naked back clamps! :crazy:

It has a bar pad, were not total dipshits here in Australia

It has a bar pad, were not total dipshits here in Australia

Nothing to do with where you're from, there's dipshits all over the world! :D:lol:

• Like 1

Everyone says cr125s have no bottem end power. yet they are such good looking bikes with thier aluminum frame

Put some anti-seize on the chain tension adjuster bolts. Also, check your steering head, linkage and swing arm bearings.

Yes, service adjusters, I just dealt with a stripped adjuster bolt and swingarm, balls!! Bike sounds mint though, should just need routine stuff

get a 05+ air boot

What difference does the later air inlet make?  Do I need the later models reed block as well or just the boot?

What difference does the later air inlet make?  Do I need the later models reed block as well or just the boot?

He's describing the part that goes between the air box and the carb so no, you don't need the reed block to replace that.  The newer model air boot allows more air flow, the 00-04 125's seem to like more air.  Another mod you would probably like is a 38mm carb, I put a 38mm PWK carb on my 94 from the 00 CR250 and it loves it, revs like crazy, and it will clean up the finicky jetting the Mikuni carb has on that particular model.

• Like 1

He's describing the part that goes between the air box and the carb so no, you don't need the reed block to replace that.  The newer model air boot allows more air flow, the 00-04 125's seem to like more air.  Another mod you would probably like is a 38mm carb, I put a 38mm PWK carb on my 94 from the 00 CR250 and it loves it, revs like crazy, and it will clean up the finicky jetting the Mikuni carb has on that particular model.

Cheers Mate, a bit more bottom end has gotta be a good thing with the riding we do