Sign in to follow this  

powervalve adjustment 250 (05)

having searched google with no luck im having a hard time looking for a dfininitive answer. I have heard reference to the rm250 powervalve been adjustable and as I understand it, clockwise give a harder hit of top end power, anti clockwise gives a more tractable power delivery. but the biggest thing I cant get an answer to is clockwise/anti clockwise from where? is it a case of slackening off the 8mm hex bolts and allowing the adjuster to settle in a neutral position,(under no sprung tension) then adjust clockwise/anti clockwise accordingly or is there a marking that im missing?? sorry about the mass of questions on here lately, one or two of you have been real helpful. bike is an 05 rm 250 thanks

The stock position is 180 degrees from no spring tension. Turning it clockwise will put more tension on the spring, which will make the valve open up later. Make adjustments in small increments, about a quarter of turn.

by no spring tension, I take that as were it falls when the two 8mm nuts are loosened off? I have gone approx. 45 degrees clockwise, I will try it and see how it feels. does going anti clock wise from zero spring tension aid torque? I think I now understand it but not 100%. before I adjusted it it had monster torque but the top end power didn't quite feel as violent as I would expect(coming from a 125 to a 250) thanks for your input mate

Clockwise=smooth,more bottom less top (later opening pv)

Counter-clockwise-pv opens sooner=stronger hit,more mid to top