Sign in to follow this  

2008 KLR650 Gear Shift/Clutch

Hello, I couldn't find a Dual Sport Category, so sorry if I am posting in the wrong place. Okay, My gear shift lever has dropped, it is no longer in the neutral position, it's pointing towards the ground, it will still shift gears, but just pointing down. Will I need to split the case to fix this and does anyone know what the problem exactly is?

Hello, I couldn't find a Dual Sport Category, so sorry if I am posting in the wrong place. Okay, My gear shift lever has dropped, it is no longer in the neutral position, it's pointing towards the ground, it will still shift gears, but just pointing down. Will I need to split the case to fix this and does anyone know what the problem exactly is?

I have a '07, but I'm assuming you have no linkage.

Never heard of that, could the lever have slipped on the shaft? bent? Haven't been inside a tranny for a long time, can't think of anything internal that would cause that.

For dual sport click "dirt bike", then "special interest" then "dual sport". Also try general dirt bike.

Good luck.

Mike

Take the gear shift lever off and look at its splines, are they stripped? Is the bolt loose? If you've been running it with a loose bolt for a while and haven't noticed, its entirely possible you stripped the levers splines.