Sign in to follow this  

Weird Choke related Issue 07 WR250F

Hello guys,

Can you help me sort out some weird behaviors of my 07 WR250F. Before the bike started normal during cold and hot start. Whats weird now is when the bike is hot, I need to use the choke to get it started along the hot start level with some throttle opening. Why choke?

Recently I adjusted my shims and I adjusted them to the high side of the specification like .15mm (intake) & .22mm (exhaust), is this setup will cause hard start issue on warm engine. Cold start is not a problem. The carb is fully cleaned and inspected using JD jetting 185 main, 45 PJ and red needle on #3. Intake box is open up and exhaust is stock but baffle removed.  

Is this a timing issue?

Thanks

XR

Its probably that you mistakenly aimed for high limits. I can understand why people do this, to try to extend their service intervals, but its *wrong*. Lets start with the fact that there is no perfect measurement, specially with something called a "feeler" gauge. You probably overshot the range in reality. I also understand that aftermarket shims only come in big intervals, but you're still better of a tad under nominal (mid limit) than right on the loose end.

That and being above the lash range will probably result in a noisy valve train.

PM me your email i'm gonna send you a lash calculating spreadsheet from the gods ; |