Sign in to follow this  

Compression lever on my 2002 yz250f

I took the spark plug out and cleaned it and ever since I've done that I have t needed to use the lever does this mean something's wrong? It's a fresh rebuild it runs fine

why did you have to take out and clean the spark plug on a fresh or recent rebuild? I assume you bought a new spark plug for the rebuilt in which case i agree with SunrUh... unrelated. How hard is it to kick over without the *DEcompression lever pulled? Maybe what you need is a new spark plug.

Cleaning spark plugs is a thing of the past... i mean for those who still ride two strokes hehehe

Well I just bought it and it's working now I flooded it out and that's why I cleaned it but I let it set over night and now it starts up just fine and yeah for a 2 stroke but this is a 4 stroke lol but thanks man appreciate the time but I do have a question is it hard to rebuild a rear shock?

but I do have a question is it hard to rebuild a rear shock?

it is not very easy.

there are 2 major tricky things, 1 getting all the air out and 2 you need a nitrogen tank with an adjustable regulator to set the pressure on the bladder.

Well I just bought it and it's working now I flooded it out and that's why I cleaned it but I let it set over night and now it starts up just fine and yeah for a 2 stroke but this is a 4 stroke lol but thanks man appreciate the time but I do have a question is it hard to rebuild a rear shock?

you need to work on your reading comprehension too.

p.s. the rear shock IS actually very easy and NO you do NOT need a nitrogen tank or an adjustable regulator. What you do is you put the shock back together and go to any motorcycle or dirt bike shop. Even a bike dealer. And for $10-15 they will refill it with Nitrogen for you.

If you own a mountain bike and have the shock air pump tool then you can dial *down* your pressure till you like it. ie overfill and dial down. If anything adding a little air with the nitrogen is no big deal.  Air and N2 have about the same characteristics... air being 80% N2 anyways. I've even ran straight air for long periods of time and no, nothing blew up nor degraded nor anything. Just fyi.