Sign in to follow this  

New Member With A crf50 Question

I have a 2004 CRF 50 F 100% bone stock from factory

Only mod is the spring and rim locks

My question is on my carb for my 2004 CRF50F the manufacturer recommends 1-1/2 turns out on the air screw......

For the last three years I've been running like An 1/8 Turn out on the air screw

everything is been running fine no smoke starts on first kick starts with no choke on in the winter.

I never have to kick hard I can push down with my hand slowly it starts right up...

Should I just go by the motto "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

or should I try the 1-1/2 out????

I'm also 6'2" 275 pounds pulls me just fine no hesitation no bogging. Nothing it runs 100%

Please let me know what you suggest...

I have a 2004 CRF 50 F 100% bone stock from factory

Only mod is the spring and rim locks

My question is on my carb for my 2004 CRF50F the manufacturer recommends 1-1/2 turns out on the air screw......

For the last three years I've been running like An 1/8 Turn out on the air screw

everything is been running fine no smoke starts on first kick starts with no choke on in the winter.

I never have to kick hard I can push down with my hand slowly it starts right up...

Should I just go by the motto "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

or should I try the 1-1/2 out????

I'm also 6'2" 275 pounds pulls me just fine no hesitation no bogging. Nothing it runs 100%

Please let me know what you suggest...

Well, ain't being broke and not fixing it can be good in some application and not for others.  But in this case, you can probably keep it the way it is.  But at the same time, don;t be affraid to try things with your bike.  Turn it out, give it a try, if you don;t like, then turn it back.  Just make sure the engine is warm when you test it out as the result could be unfavorable on a cold engine.  Any carb adjustments should be done when the bike is warm as that is when the carb should operate at its best.